Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dowel pins - front cover/front of engine block

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2022, 10:06 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 848 Likes on 617 Posts

Any update? It's nearly four weeks since you last posted in this thread. I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms after having seen multiple posts from you every day.

Old 11-07-2022, 09:01 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for checking on me. No, I’ve just been in serious pain with a bad leg injury for about 4 months now and whatever energy and strength I have has been put into a different critical project at my place that’s even more overdue. Life is rough. I hope to be able to smack that timing cover on and get the pickup tube and sump on so I can lower the vehicle. I just have too much going on and it’s too much to do while injured. It’s been raining, but I’ll try to get to it in the week when it’s cleared up a bit. Sorry, hoped to be further along. I wish I hadn’t used regular black silicone in the water pump gasket, inline thermostat gasket, oil pressure sensor and whatever else, but it’s done now and someone said it would be OK, so I’ll just have to be sure to use ultra black on the front cover gasket and sump. Hopefully the other parts won’t leak since the silicone is coating the gasket rather than used in place of a gasket and the oil pressure sensor is an NPT fitting or has an o-ring I believe. Oh well, nothing’s perfect here. I’m hoping when the front cover goes on, the bolts will go in smoothly since I didn’t think to check that when I’d tested the fit while having dowel pin alignment issue. The holes of the cover go on really tightly, not easily like they’re supposed to, so hopefully the bolts will line up and run in smoothly.