Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drip, Drip, Drip. What to do...Opinions Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 11:49 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm curious to if anyone on this board is running the Toddco 5.0?

Old 01-16-2012, 11:37 AM
TReK

Fresh oil, filter, and White Shepherd are in....fingers crossed.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:47 PM
TReK

Just wanted to follow up on this thread...

The White Shepherd seems to be doing the trick! I have been underneath a couple times and things are much dryer than they have ever been. Hopefully it will hold for a while and allow me to get a few other things taken care of.

Best $23 I've ever spent.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII

The White Shepherd seems to be doing the trick! I have been underneath a couple times and things are much dryer than they have ever been. Hopefully it will hold for a while and allow me to get a few other things taken care of.

Thanks for the update, I am glad to hear it is working for you. I have the second bottle ready for use, first one was used for axles and transfer case, but transfer case is still leaking. I wish I would have put one with my last oil change. At that time i did not know what was leaking, now I know

Old 02-15-2012, 07:17 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts
Old 02-15-2012, 10:35 AM
TReK

Was this a pre-emptive link re-insert so when the next person that searches and finds this thread doesn't have to ask where they can buy it?

Old 02-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

yes it was, it was also to let people know that one bottle does not stop everything.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII

Did your rear main stopped leaking too?
The one that you have pictured is not specifically for rear main leak, but they also have one specifically for rear main, which does not have good reviews on amazon, I thought they might be all the same in different bottles. I called them today, they have been extremely nice over the phone and the lady stated that for rear main leak I have to buy rear main sealer.
I did put one bottle of white shephered (the stop oil leak what you used) in today and drove the car continously for over 3 hours, i hope it will also stop my leaks.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:35 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by hhalimi
Did your rear main stopped leaking too?
I don't have a rear main leak (YET... dammit just jinxed myself), but yes if you do have rear main seal leak, you'd hypothetically need to use the rear main product...SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THE STOP LEAK KNOWS WHICH LEAKS TO REPAIR?

My biggest leak was the front seal and most of the oil underneath was 'blow back.' I run 3K-4K oil change intervals, and I wasn't losing enough for it to register on the dip stick, but it sure was making a mess of my driveway.

I need to give the underside one more good power washing as I didn't get into all the nooks and crannies last time to really get a good baseline, but the underside of the pan has stayed dry, which is a first since I've owned my DII.

I think I might run one more bottle of W.S. through on my next oil change just to really drive the point home.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Three Wheeling

I've always been cautious of putting additives, stop leaks, and things of the like in a vehicle. Is this stuff considered safe?

Quick Reply: Drip, Drip, Drip. What to do...Opinions Wanted