Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy Temperature Readout

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 09:45 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Easy Temperature Readout

Hey everyone. First off thank you all for all the writeups and advice. I've been lurking here for a little over a year while I hunted for a Discovery 2. Finally found one the fit the criteria about a month ago and have been loving it ever since. 2002 Discovery 2 with 130k, well documented service at a dealership and a frame with only some surface rust. Took a long time to find and I had to bug the seller for about a month to get a time to see it. Probably a good sign if he was hesitant to sell. So far the only issues have been a bad steering intermediate shaft, replaced with a new one, and a loose tie rod end, so I switched the steering rod and track bar out with the TerraFirma ones. Head gaskets were done at 60k at the dealership along with pining the liners. Green coolant when I flushed it so it seems like the PO was in the anti-dexcool camp. Electronics all work now that I've replaced the stereo Amp.
I was hunting around for coolant temperature readout and I came across one of these for a little over $20. Plugs right into the OBDII port and is pretty much plug and play. This readout is from after a short drive and not all the way warmed up but it consistently reads the same as my Foxwell Scanner. Auto dims to the light so its not obtrusive during day or night driving. Downside is the temperature alarm only goes up to 150 degress so I have that turned off. If you search for OBDII HUD on amazon there a bunch of options in this price range. Hopefully this helps someone and if anyone knows of a similar one with a better temperature alarm range let me know!
Thanks again for people posting information, I have used a lot of it!

Works Well