Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

emergency help please....misfirecodes

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 04:21 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default emergency help please....misfirecodes

hello, I really need some strong advise but ill tell you all what codes im getting... p0302, po304, p0306,p0308,, and the code for random misfire to cause cat damage....

here is the back story of car, I bought car two years ago. check engine light steady on. unknown how long it was on. but car ran fine never hesitated but got some crappy gas mileage... a year ago I started to research this on the forums... bought the i-carsoft reader. and have been getting these codes the whole time since. along with the bank2 sensor one code as well. I have literally this past few months replaced everything from the maf, new magnecor 88 wires... new coil packs. ( I did Gerry mod and codes went away at that date but 500 miles later codes are back after hitting a huge pothole at pick and pull.

so ive spent the past few days disassembling the mod, checking all grounds. put it all back in last night. took out my double plat plugs all looked good. I cleaned them checked all gaps. great. re routed all the magnecor wires. and put heat shields on the wires that I've seen some folks do on the forums. I cleaned the Maf sensor ,,, the throttle body , and the iacv on top of engine, I have no water in the cylinders, no major oil leaks on gasket's, and the heater on the throttle body isn't leaking as well. I also replaced both new 02 sensors upstream as well all this n the past 24 hours. I have troubleshooter everything down to the cats.

previously to doing Gerry's mod, and my light was on steady the exhaust smelled like rotten eggs/Sulphur, but after I replaced everything and the codes went away I got 15 mpg on my 500 mile trip. with no lights and exhaust smelled fine... plus I had some bad wires on the 02 sensor connector on the harness side connector. I cleaned them all. soldered them and put them back together in the appropriate holes, and ill check those connections again tonight. before I start to beat on the passenger side cat... as all codes im still getting are all cylinders 2 4 6 and 8 only related misfires..

that about covers everything I've done to troubleshoot this issue.. im about to get evicted from my in laws rental. and now my landy ses light is a blinking fool. the car starts fine. and runs a bit rough when the light blinks. but I don't want to drive it that way.

please help......

im at wits end. other than replacing the cats I've replaced and double checked everything else...

thanks

roger...

rogerrover@msoverlanderusa.com...

Old 07-09-2017, 06:37 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Roger,
sounds like bad o2 sensors man. Get you a set of walker's from rock auto. I kept having the same issues and it turned out it was the darn o2 sensors. Just the upstream oneam ones. Hope this helps!!

Originally Posted by xisled
hello, I really need some strong advise but ill tell you all what codes im getting... p0302, po304, p0306,p0308,, and the code for random misfire to cause cat damage....

here is the back story of car, I bought car two years ago. check engine light steady on. unknown how long it was on. but car ran fine never hesitated but got some crappy gas mileage... a year ago I started to research this on the forums... bought the i-carsoft reader. and have been getting these codes the whole time since. along with the bank2 sensor one code as well. I have literally this past few months replaced everything from the maf, new magnecor 88 wires... new coil packs. ( I did Gerry mod and codes went away at that date but 500 miles later codes are back after hitting a huge pothole at pick and pull.

so ive spent the past few days disassembling the mod, checking all grounds. put it all back in last night. took out my double plat plugs all looked good. I cleaned them checked all gaps. great. re routed all the magnecor wires. and put heat shields on the wires that I've seen some folks do on the forums. I cleaned the Maf sensor ,,, the throttle body , and the iacv on top of engine, I have no water in the cylinders, no major oil leaks on gasket's, and the heater on the throttle body isn't leaking as well. I also replaced both new 02 sensors upstream as well all this n the past 24 hours. I have troubleshooter everything down to the cats.

previously to doing Gerry's mod, and my light was on steady the exhaust smelled like rotten eggs/Sulphur, but after I replaced everything and the codes went away I got 15 mpg on my 500 mile trip. with no lights and exhaust smelled fine... plus I had some bad wires on the 02 sensor connector on the harness side connector. I cleaned them all. soldered them and put them back together in the appropriate holes, and ill check those connections again tonight. before I start to beat on the passenger side cat... as all codes im still getting are all cylinders 2 4 6 and 8 only related misfires..

that about covers everything I've done to troubleshoot this issue.. im about to get evicted from my in laws rental. and now my landy ses light is a blinking fool. the car starts fine. and runs a bit rough when the light blinks. but I don't want to drive it that way.

please help......

im at wits end. other than replacing the cats I've replaced and double checked everything else...

thanks

roger...

rogerrover@msoverlanderusa.com...

Old 07-09-2017, 06:47 PM
Winching
Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts

x2 on walker O2's

Old 07-09-2017, 07:09 PM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

x3 on the walker O2's

Old 07-09-2017, 08:43 PM
Three Wheeling

so the bosch sensors from orielys no good/ they were brand new as of yesterday...?

Old 07-09-2017, 08:49 PM
Winching

They can be fit or miss, most of the time they are a miss.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Three Wheeling

orielys has bosch, bosch universal, denso and ntk

Old 07-09-2017, 08:55 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Have to get the walker's from rock auto. They are the cheapest around

Old 07-09-2017, 09:23 PM
Three Wheeling

I am seeing the walkers on amazon for anywhere from 27 up to 115. and we don't have the rock auto here in California. I went to all the websites for the local auto stores here and they all carry the same brands..

Old 07-09-2017, 09:31 PM
Winching

Quick Reply: emergency help please....misfirecodes