Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

everyone should see this

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default everyone should see this

i know this should go in off topic but no one ever looks in there so it would never be seen... the governor of Texas decided that Texas no longer wants to be under the suppressive reign of the United States Government....

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2009/04...-10-amendment/

this is starting to get entertaining...

Old 04-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That is why they call us the Great Republic of Texas!

Woo Hoo!

Old 04-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is great!! Good day to be a American the fed shouldn't have the control they do..

Old 04-15-2009, 06:33 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

It's about time Texas got something right. I completely agree with what Gov. Perry said. The federal government is getting completely out of control. Gone are the days of government of the people, for the people.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:42 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I watched the entire thing and I have to say, there is not one thing he said I dont agree with. I mean think about it, Texas has lower taxes, no state tax, and they still run a surplus. What does that say to about Washington and the way we are trying to run our country??? Thanks for the post, it good to hear a politician say something worth while.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Just another idiot trying to set himself up for the Republican nominee for President in 2012, Palin already said the same thing, that Alaska was not going to take the Federal money to help her people, well guess what, Alaska's House and Senate overruled her and took the money anyway.
They dont want the money fine, we will take it here in Michigan, all hes going to do is hurt his people.
But thats ok, all the Republican Governors that are doing this speeches are helping to ensure another Democratic win in 2012.
So please, keep up the good work Gov. Perry.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AK Rover
Gone are the days of government of the people, for the people.
It's been that way for damn near 50 years now. I've just been scratching my head trying to figure out what's finally made people wake up now. It's not like there is anything new going on. It's all old hat now. while he's at it, he should turn down national highway funds, matching mass transit funding, matching education funding, matching medical funding, and the list goes on. If he's really truly fed up with Washington, then he should just stop accepting all Washington money. Why just cherry pick?

Old 04-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede
It's been that way for damn near 50 years now. I've just been scratching my head trying to figure out what's finally made people wake up now. It's not like there is anything new going on. It's all old hat now. while he's at it, he should turn down national highway funds, matching mass transit funding, matching education funding, matching medical funding, and the list goes on. If he's really truly fed up with Washington, then he should just stop accepting all Washington money. Why just cherry pick?
I agree one hundred percent!!
You take it all or you get none.
Either eat all of your dinner or you go to bed hungry, thats how it was at my house growing up.
The Feds are mom and dad and the states are the kids.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:28 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A lot of that federal money, like the unemployment benefits, comes with strings attached. Would you accept money to buy rover parts and in return agree to give up your drivers license?

Old 04-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteTrain
A lot of that federal money, like the unemployment benefits, comes with strings attached. Would you accept money to buy rover parts and in return agree to give up your drivers license?
For free rover parts? YES. In a heartbeat. It's a no brainer. I'd just hop a train to a neighboring state and get a new license. If they wanted to buy my rover parts for me, I'd gladly give em my $25 piece of plastic. That would be an outstanding deal in my favor. Sign me up...

Quick Reply: everyone should see this