Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Favorite Additions to Disco

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 04:31 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Favorite Additions to Disco

Just curious what people have done to their Discovery and what is their favorite or best addition to the truck. I just bought my 97 D1 not long ago so I haven't had a chance to add much yet but I am really glad I was able to find a Haynes repair manual for it. That is the best addition to mine so far.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: Favorite Additions to Disco

I just have a LR brush guard for now. Lots of additions in the future though. It will eventually look kinda like a Camel Trophy truck.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the addtitions on my D2 were pretty much thought out and were all welcome. From the old man emu suspension with bigger general AT/2 tires, safari 5000 fog lights on my A bar, to the Benevento wood dash overlay,rear G4 light guards and oversize tire cover. If I had to choose the one that made me the most happy, I'd have to say the lift and tires. The disco is just too big a vehicle to be sitting so low and sport a tire size that should go on much smaller vehicles.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Don't copy everybody else. What do you plan to do with this truck, have you owned a 4wheeler before and have any experience???

Old 08-11-2008, 06:48 PM
TReK

My intent is not to copy anyone else's ideas. I already know what I want to add to my Rover but since there are so many accessories available I thought it would be interesting to see what others are doing. I am just waiting for time and money so I can start my modification and my wheeling adventures. I plan on an ARB bumper with winch, OME lift, ARB air lockers front and rear, and dual battery setup. But that's just the short list.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my D2 it was the '04 CDL linkage, but you have a D1 with the linkage already.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Team Owner

Before any mods see what your trk can do stock. You WILL be suprised.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first thing i got was a Brownchurch full-length roof rack, made favorite modification so far. It separates me from all the grocery-getting Land Rovers around where i live, and it's actually really useful.

i just got a rear ladder i'm about to install which i'm also looking forward to.

as for favorite REDUCTIONS i would say removing the front aero spoiler

Old 08-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Team Owner

Another one of my additions was a good pair of binoculars. I keep them in the center console so that I can look into, um, I mean watch the critters when we off road. I also carry a machet' and a foxhole shovel. Recovery strap too.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:16 PM
TReK

Definitely going to do some baseline runs to see what my truck will do before I start with the mods. I'll be able to afford wheeling in stock form long before I can afford all the toys I want. Thought about the roof rack but more for a place to mount off road lights than anything. Haven't quite decided. Don't need a lot of extra room to carry stuff since it's generally just me in the truck or me and one passenger. I learned in the military how to pack light.

Quick Reply: Favorite Additions to Disco