Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Favorite LR vendor and why?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 09:43 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 229 Likes on 182 Posts

In all honesty, I typically go to the AB website first and find the part number.

I then go to ebay, Lucky8, and LRDirect to look at the prices and shipping prices.

Of my last 10 purchases, 8 of them have been with Luck8 either from their store front website or ebay.

Once I have the part, I will go and watch the AB youtube video prior to installing.

My only issue with AB is the shipping cost.

The following users liked this post:
HuskerRover (04-06-2019)
Old 04-06-2019, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,589 Likes on 1,305 Posts

I owe Abran an apology as he is my favorite source of used LR3 parts fast shipping and great prices. Not to mention how much he brings to the community with advice.

Old 04-06-2019, 08:34 AM
Received 313 Likes on 289 Posts

Rovers North, the website is great and accuracy is always there.

Old 04-06-2019, 12:22 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 184 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Friday Night Disco
In all honesty, I typically go to the AB website first and find the part number.

I then go to ebay, Lucky8, and LRDirect to look at the prices and shipping prices.

Of my last 10 purchases, 8 of them have been with Luck8 either from their store front website or ebay.

Once I have the part, I will go and watch the AB youtube video prior to installing.

Lrcat is great for finding part numbers

Land rover also recently made the official parts catalog available to independents: https://epc.jlr-apps.com/
But it's paid access only.

Last edited by Jeff Blake; 04-06-2019 at 12:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Friday Night Disco (04-06-2019)
Old 04-06-2019, 12:55 PM
TReK
Received 653 Likes on 559 Posts

IF you want to order from AB check the ebay store 1st because shipping is FREE.
> https://www.ebay.com/str/atlanticbritish

Old 04-06-2019, 03:47 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by OverRover
IF you want to order from AB check the ebay store 1st because shipping is FREE.
> https://www.ebay.com/str/atlanticbritish
In my experience, the AB ebay site bumps the price up to cover the "free" shipping

as an example TF802 Terrafirma Steering Damper
$61.47 on ebay
$59.95 on storefront + $21.48 shipping to 98024

Sure, it is cheaper on ebay with free shipping but, if I go to Lucky8
$58.00 on storefront + $0.00

AB's shipping from storefront is plain ridiculous and they increase the price on ebay. Same product from Lucky8 cheaper + FREE shipping.

I am sure there are exceptions that happen but, in my experience Lucky8 has always been cheaper and in some cases LRDirect + shipping was cheaper than Lucky8 & AB

Old 04-06-2019, 04:21 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 184 Likes on 157 Posts

I like LRDirect because they are transparent by showing all available brands for a particular part (Genuine, Britpart, Allmakes, Bearmach, etc), along with price and quality level of each and realtime shipping rates. And even with shipping, depending on the part, 10-70% cheaper.

I saved almost $500, including shipping, buying my set of 5 Terrafirma TF107 wheels from LRDirect

Old 04-06-2019, 05:49 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Jeff Blake
I like LRDirect because they are transparent by showing all available brands for a particular part (Genuine, Britpart, Allmakes, Bearmach, etc), along with price and quality level of each and realtime shipping rates. And even with shipping, depending on the part, 10-70% cheaper.

I saved almost $500, including shipping, buying my set of 5 Terrafirma TF107 wheels from LRDirect
Agreed, I saved a few hundred on CLD linkage and rear hubs by going through them, if you do not mind a little extra wait time.

I would suggest checking on their prices and who knows with economy thing going on over there we might be able to get things even cheaper via LRDirect

Old 04-07-2019, 07:16 AM
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank4
Rimmer Brothers, LR Direct. Basically anything in England, even with shipping they are MUCH cheaper than Atlantic British, Rovers North and Lucky8. I used to buy from all of the US suppliers but the guys at Rimmer Brothers and LR Direct are extremely responsive via email and again MUCH CHEAPER. For alternators and such I would probably go with someone on this side of the pond, just for ease of warranty issues. But just hunk of metal parts I'll go with the Brits. Local salvage yards are a super cheap source if you are in a hurry and lucky.

Oh and Ive found gas caps and evap valves on Amazon.
Rimmer Bros. Doesn't.honor.thier products. They Fein they do for marketing ... but When you want to return a defective product They put forms red tape on you , force you to pay for non refundable.shipping ...and point the finger at land rover UK to make the final.desicon if the product should get refunded. If LR UK says no - they refuse the refund ... You eat.all costs. What the hell.LR has the final say idk

But Rimmer Bros wants to make things so difficult the customer takes the loss and doesn't bother to refund do to hassle.cost and risk .... I will never buy anything from them again because of it. Ruined bros. = Trash

Old 04-07-2019, 08:57 AM
TReK
Received 653 Likes on 559 Posts

And in the end...………………….

Quick Reply: Favorite LR vendor and why?