Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a few pics from saturday

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 08:13 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default a few pics from saturday

pics from sat

Attached Thumbnails a few pics from saturday-dscn3763.jpg   a few pics from saturday-dscn3771.jpg   a few pics from saturday-dscn3770.jpg   a few pics from saturday-dscn3764.jpg  
Old 03-24-2009, 08:16 PM
TReK

and from sunday,,,

Attached Thumbnails a few pics from saturday-dscn3752.jpg   a few pics from saturday-dscn3754.jpg  
Old 03-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet pics. That wouldn't be the old Iron Goat Trail out of Skykomish would it?

Old 03-24-2009, 08:39 PM
TReK

nah, its the exit 38 outside of north bend. was trying to get up tinkum but it was under 8' of snow. denny creek trail is also under about 4 feet of packed snow, but it was too wet and slushy to get far up the trail. i tried, but i thought better of it. get stuck out there and you are fooked

Old 03-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

You still have snow?
I've been wearing shorts for over a week now.
I actually rolled the window down on my Rover last week, good thing I had a hair cut.

Nice pics man, nice pics.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:05 PM
TReK

no snow in the lowlands,,,

have to drive to the mountains to find it. about 45min,,,

Old 03-25-2009, 06:23 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe
nah, its the exit 38 outside of north bend. was trying to get up tinkum but it was under 8' of snow. denny creek trail is also under about 4 feet of packed snow, but it was too wet and slushy to get far up the trail. i tried, but i thought better of it. get stuck out there and you are fooked
Get stuck in a Rover?!?

Never happen.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:18 AM
TReK

thats my feeling,,, but i have been gunshy since december when i got stuck because i did the nice thing and gave way to another oncoming vehicle on a snow trail. Aholes around here do not know how to properly let people pass,,,, as in backing down to a wide or stable part of the trail where you cant slide off the snowpack,,,,

so they just sit in the trail and look at you like you are the idiot and when you explain to them that you cannot go off the packed snow on the trails they think you are just trying to be difficult or something.

so i have learned to just go trailing either late in the day or early morning. otherwise you run the risk of having to deal with a bunch of family morons in a suburban with zero off road experience.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe
ahhhh.. Know those trails well. We always stop and play on our way up to Goldmeyer Hot Springs. And you're right. NOT the place to get stuck. Last summer I took a buddy from Texas into the backcountry to play on some old logging roads (and so he could see just what old growth forest was). We'd have two wheels up on the mountain with a 30 degree lean looking down a 400 ft revene - and he was white knuckled the entire time. He & I did tons of camping in different places around the world back in our 20's - so I consider him a seasoned outdoorsman. That made it all the more hilarious when we decided on a spot to set up camp for the night @ 4000 feet elv, truly in the middle of nowhere, many miles from any semblance of a road - and he declared "This is my first trip into the wilderness! lol Kinda reminded me just how unique we've got it here in the cascades. It also made me smile when he reluctantly admitted that his Nissan Exterra would not have handled the terrain we were on anywhere near as effortlessly as the Rover! I just casually responded - "It might make it, but I certainly wouldn't be the one taking the trip with ya!"

Old 03-25-2009, 11:35 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

All the trails I have ever been on, the vehicle traveling up hill has the right of way. It's a lot easier to get momentum again going down hill than up. If the up hill bound driver chooses to yield the right of way and can safely get out of the way, great. Of course there are those idiot drivers out there that think the have right of way no matter which way they are going. Those are the ones I like to force off the trail.

Quick Reply: a few pics from saturday