Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a few pics from saturday

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I feel your pain as far as trail newbies. My 03 can't handle real trails. It is stock. The Defender or the good old Cj have to do the fun stuff. Like your pics though. If you dont have at least 35s and lockers, your not on a trail.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:28 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

Tats on both arms + very nice Disco + Ferrari = strange combo, never really thought of it.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:03 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by discodefender
I feel your pain as far as trail newbies. My 03 can't handle real trails. It is stock. The Defender or the good old Cj have to do the fun stuff. Like your pics though. If you dont have at least 35s and lockers, your not on a trail.

35's and lockers is beyond anything i get myself into. my 04 is already WAY better then my rubicon ever was.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe
04 [disco] is ... Way better then [a] rubicon ...
fact.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:12 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by snowdude
Tats on both arms + very nice Disco + Ferrari = strange combo, never really thought of it.

im kind of paradox in that,,,

only drive and ride euro vehicles but heavily tattooed like a jesse james type.

i twist a lot of heads when i go to the ferrari dealer and LR dealer for anything. same as the golf clubs.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:29 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Jupiter Rover
fact.

i forgot to mention that when i was up in the knee high snow on saturday i was parked up a trail letting my dog play in the snow. i had walked down the trail a ways and along comes a brand new rubicon. i tell em they might want to stop where they were because the snow was about 2 to 3 feet deep and that only the snowpack in the middle of the trail was good to drive on, but i was lucky to make it through the softer wet stuff up the trail further. the guy asks me kinda in a cocky way what i was driving. i said a stock discovery. he kinda snuffed at me and said i have lockers and he would be fine.

i said ok and continued down the trail. after about 20min i was walking back up the trail and found the rubicon all locked up and spinnin its wheels and dug in. about 10 min later i drove past em in the deep stuff WITHOUT the diffs locked. and waved as i drove by,,,

Old 03-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe
i forgot to mention that when i was up in the knee high snow on saturday i was parked up a trail letting my dog play in the snow. i had walked down the trail a ways and along comes a brand new rubicon. i tell em they might want to stop where they were because the snow was about 2 to 3 feet deep and that only the snowpack in the middle of the trail was good to drive on, but i was lucky to make it through the softer wet stuff up the trail further. the guy asks me kinda in a cocky way what i was driving. i said a stock discovery. he kinda snuffed at me and said i have lockers and he would be fine.

i said ok and continued down the trail. after about 20min i was walking back up the trail and found the rubicon all locked up and spinnin its wheels and dug in. about 10 min later i drove past em in the deep stuff WITHOUT the diffs locked. and waved as i drove by,,,

The best 4x4xfar.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:10 PM
TReK

go beyond

Attached Thumbnails a few pics from saturday-go-beyond.jpg  
Old 03-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

One Life, Live It.

Last edited by Spike555; 03-26-2009 at 09:20 PM. Reason: trying to add pic, new forum sucks it
Old 03-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Rock Crawling

Tats on both arms + very nice Disco + Ferrari + Bike = strange combo, never really thought of it.

The Really Scary thing is, in the pictures of the Car and the Bike - HIS EYES turn RED also!!!

Quick Reply: a few pics from saturday