Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a few questions about our new purchase

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 11:43 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a few questions about our new purchase

I have an '02 disco westminster and I absolutly love it. I am wondering if anyone has input about a few issues. First, the check engine light is on and we believe it has something to do with the gas cap not tightening enough... also the TC, ABS, and downhill descent warning lights are on..does anyone out there have some input before we go to the shop? Okay, one last thing... the Harmon Kardon system always flashes for us to "enter code number" when we do it doesn't change anything...the only way to work the stereo is to eject or put in a CD each time we start up the engine..any suggestions? This is my first LR so these are all new to me!! Thanks for any info[ul][/size]

Old 04-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Mudding
Default RE: a few questions about our new purchase

That's funny. My '03 came with nearly identical symptoms. Plus my keyless entry didn't work. Here's what I did.

The TC, ABS and DH light were caused by a faulty wheel speed sensor.
The Keyless Entry was the result of a LOW battery. (does your Disco have problems starting?)
The "Enter code" on the radio is the result of the battery either being drained, or dissconnected at some point. I called Land Rover's (corporate) Customer Service number (U.S. 1-800-637-6837). The just needed proof of ownership faxed to them. I used my temporary licence plate. They called back within the hour with my code (31264 if you want to try it).
As far as the Check Engine light goes... I'm not sure. I've heard (from my dealer)that a low battery can cause that too. I'd deffinetly take it in for though, it could be something serious.

Cost: Thankfully I'm still within the manufacturers warranty so everything was covered under warranty.

Brian

Old 04-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Mudding
Default RE: a few questions about our new purchase

Each code should be different, i also would not try to guess codes, i once bought a Mitsubishi with the radio locked, tried to guess the code no luck, it completely locked out and i could not enter the code. Had to go to the dealership and they had to look up the code, i also had to sit in the car with the ignition turned to acc. for an hour so i could get another 3 tries to enter the code