Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Few Things About My 95 Disco

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Few Things About My 95 Disco

I'm trying to kill a few threads with one stone here.

First off, the owner before me replaced the distributor and put in STI wires and crappy plugs, I am getting code 40 which is misfire in left bank, would new better plugs stop that? I will get magnacore wires when I can afford them but for now will stick with whats there.

Second, a couple lights in my dash console went out, is it easy to get off? I have not done extensive looking around but am just wondering if it is a weekend project or a night after I get off work project.

this next one is about my headlights, I have the standard 95 disco headlight but have seen some of the newer ones and their projection heaven headlights and I was wondering if there is a conversion kit for such a thing?

it is starting to get colder here in oregon and the disco is starting to have a more difficult time idling in the morning, is there an easy way to up the idle? because every once and a while when shifting it into reverse to back out of the driveway it will die.

ok, I think that is all I need for now, but knowing that I have a disco I will keep you posted on other issues.

thanks all!

Old 10-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco-Nate
I'm trying to kill a few threads with one stone here.

First off, the owner before me replaced the distributor and put in STI wires and crappy plugs, I am getting code 40 which is misfire in left bank, would new better plugs stop that? I will get magnacore wires when I can afford them but for now will stick with whats there.

Second, a couple lights in my dash console went out, is it easy to get off? I have not done extensive looking around but am just wondering if it is a weekend project or a night after I get off work project.

this next one is about my headlights, I have the standard 95 disco headlight but have seen some of the newer ones and their projection heaven headlights and I was wondering if there is a conversion kit for such a thing?

it is starting to get colder here in oregon and the disco is starting to have a more difficult time idling in the morning, is there an easy way to up the idle? because every once and a while when shifting it into reverse to back out of the driveway it will die.

ok, I think that is all I need for now, but knowing that I have a disco I will keep you posted on other issues.

thanks all!
I had my own issues with misfiring in my DII, but what I can tell you for sure is that the conversion from regular DI headlights to the projectors has been done and there was a write up around here somewhere. Pretty much the "kit" is your own fabrication.

About the idling, start the cheap and easy way, and take off your idle air control (IAC) and spray the hell out of it with some carb cleaner. That might help.

Last edited by tornado_735; 10-11-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Follow the thread open how to clean your throttle body, start there with your low idle when cold.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got my cente console apart now, among other things to replace a bulb. As long as you follow the instructions in the book or rave manual, it goes fairly smooth. The bulf I'm working on is for the heat control head. It's a 1.2 watt that's marked "OS12 1.2". Hope that helps. Where in Or are you? In in Lincoln City... Rain tomorrow! Woo Hoo
Jim