Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally blew..

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Finally blew..

Well, after a 5 mile run down the expressway the bitch finally showed her true colors.....temp red..... oil light red.... pulled over and no restart. I had smoke comming out of the airbox....she' toast..... All in the matter of about no more than two minutes..... I guess its my fault as i have been driving my wifes volvo for the last month and the last thing you need to check is the dash.....It's funny as it didnt even fase me as i really knew deep down that it is a real POS.... i am either going to diesel it or part it out...havent really decided yet...anyway was a good run...had it since april this year.... 3 months.......I guess i know what the knock was...

Old 06-30-2010, 06:35 PM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What year and what type? If you decide to part it out I call dibs on the headlights. DIBS! see? I just called dibs.

give us more details if you expect us to give you more info. That is if you are asking for info and not just bitching about what your rover did to you - something I know a lot about.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default 2004 se7

Originally Posted by pilsner
What year and what type? If you decide to part it out I call dibs on the headlights. DIBS! see? I just called dibs.

give us more details if you expect us to give you more info. That is if you are asking for info and not just bitching about what your rover did to you - something I know a lot about.

It's a 2004 se7...no details to elaborate on red...red... no start and smoke comming out air box when i popped the hood..The info is it's a blown motor.......And no i am not bitching...i know its a Fu%cking POS so i expected it to blow up like they all do.. I know alot to..well actually not really or i wouldnt have bought one...Unless your captain money bags or you want to spend every free minute of your spare time fixing it, you have to be a idiot to buy one.....Like me...

Old 06-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

That sucks.
Put your RRC engine in it and keep on truckin!

Old 06-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default thanks bro

Originally Posted by Spike555
That sucks.
Put your RRC engine in it and keep on truckin!

Thanks but i knew it was going to happen one day or another... My rover has a cracked head so thats out of the question. I am thinking diesel as it looks like the cheapest route and reliability wise...the only choice..I could find another block but i would do top hat liners and all the rest would put me close to the 10k mark. I may just take the credit hit and let them have it back.... Would save lots of money and time.... I could go to the auction and buy it back for less than 2/3rds what i owe..

Old 06-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Have Urban Panzer ship you a TD5 from a wrecking yard.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:05 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default look into it

Originally Posted by Spike555
Have Urban Panzer ship you a TD5 from a wrecking yard.

sounds intresting...i will send him a email.. thanks

Old 07-01-2010, 11:15 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Vandev - you are infected with a severe case LandRoveritis.....

You should get rid of your DII, fix your Rangie and go back to living your life happily. You are Discovery-Intolerant, and yet you continue to drink the milk, no matter how crappy if makes you feel!

But I'm sure you already knew that, good luck with your fix/return/demolition/diesel conversion......whatever you decide to do, I hope it works out.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default Not really

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
Vandev - you are infected with a severe case LandRoveritis.....

You should get rid of your DII, fix your Rangie and go back to living your life happily. You are Discovery-Intolerant, and yet you continue to drink the milk, no matter how crappy if makes you feel!

But I'm sure you already knew that, good luck with your fix/return/demolition/diesel conversion......whatever you decide to do, I hope it works out.

Not really, I am a realist...When you first buy these piles you have LandRoverdenial....Oh ...i can fix it oh...its just another $800.00 dollars...oh they all do that......Then after 5 or so years ..a headgasket job, brake booster, ABS or one of many poorley designed features designed by Fu$cking morons, you realize that only rich stupid ***'s that only want to out do there suburban neighbor's can afford these high maintance POS.

Then you have the ones that lease , give to the house wife and her litter that distroy them . then they are polished up and sold at 1/4 of there actual value after 4 years to idiots like us... It's like buying a used bungi cord after 6,000 jumps on it. You would have to be a real moron to but it.

Rangie, freelander, sport, discovery...they are all made by the same company....If you look at the new retail price should tell you who they are geared to sell to and it's no one on this forum i can tell you that.. The people who buy them new dont own them long enough to experiance most of the catostrophic failures so land rover could give a rats *** if they do blow up after there target market customers are done with it.. Yea, drive threw a real nice neighborhood and see someone working on there LR...yea right...

The best way to enjoy any rover is to buy it new or with a blown power and drive train so you can do right and enjoy it.

I mean really....all cars in general are POS.. Its the biggest scam in the world.... Look at airpanes they fly for 30 years for christ sakes....but the auto industry is not regulated like that...Could you imagine getting on a passenger plane and sit down and look out at the wing and see a LR logo on the engine.... I would sh$t myself running for the nearest exit...If they where made to last the car companies would go out of business....Plain and simple....

Old 07-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then why did you buy one?

Willie

Quick Reply: Finally blew..