Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally found a 2004 discovery 2 hse7

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017 | 08:56 PM
|
Drifting

Originally Posted by LR03NJ
Very nice. I got one too. I like the way they added all accessories in the HSE7. I relocated my coil packs for easy maintenance and trouble shooting. Cheers!
Thank you, I think I might take off those running boards didn't realize it had them till I went to make the purchase.

Old 10-15-2017 | 05:17 AM
Camel Trophy

Looks great on the outside, and probably looks just as good underneath. A guy at work bought a 03 Jeep from Texas, we threw it up on the rack...and the thing looked brand new underneath. I'd already bought the two rovers we own, but after seeing that undercarriage...my next vehicles will come from the southwest.

Anyhow...

Good luck with her.

Brian.

Old 10-15-2017 | 06:40 AM
|
Drifting

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Looks great on the outside, and probably looks just as good underneath. A guy at work bought a 03 Jeep from Texas, we threw it up on the rack...and the thing looked brand new underneath. I'd already bought the two rovers we own, but after seeing that undercarriage...my next vehicles will come from the southwest.

Anyhow...

Good luck with her.

Brian.
Thank you. I'll post some more pics when I get my 1st day off work next week.

Old 10-15-2017 | 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Redleg13fa
So I finally found a 2004 discovery 2 hse7. Will be picking it up today. It was 5k with 111500 on it. I'm happy but nervous at the same time. This will be the 1st one ever. For the past 7 years I've being with jeeps and have had very good luck with them. I've read quite a few post on these rovers and understand they're very attention needy. As long as it turns out to be worthy like my jeeps I'll be happy. Look forward to picking some of y'alls brains. First thing I did notice is on the cluster the odometer and trip doesn' light up but the rest of the cluster does.
Like any car I would recommend all fluids. Specifically for this vehicle I concur that an ultra gauge/scangauge/obdII Bluetooth tool are invaluable.

The thermostats are prone to failure, so its a good idea to go to a 180 degree Genuine, or do the inline thermostat mod and put all new hoses on. Check the throttle boddy heater attachment to see if it is going eliminate it or fix that.

also, inspect drive shafts frequently. Aside from that I have learned to wrench on mine, and while they get a bad rap, especially the DII, I have found it a good vehicle to work on.

Yours looks great and with care will last. As for oil, I use a diesel oil with ZDDP or I put in a comp cams break in additive as advised by Turner Engineering.

I don't mind the running boards on yours, and my wife and elderly father could use them.

if you take off the headlights, tape them and spray them with UV resistant gloss clear. They get nasty over time.

Last edited by CollieRover; 10-15-2017 at 09:25 AM.