Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally go fed up with SLS and ordered OME

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally go fed up with SLS and ordered OME

Guys, finally got fed-up with the SLS, and was guided by the experts at Rover Park Boys, up here in Canada. I got a super service, and was recommended , for my 2000 SE7 this set-up : Front coils medium duty # OME777, front shocks heavy duty #N107........Rear coils semi heavy duty# OME762, rear shocks heavy duty #N108 and steering damper# OMESD02.

What do you think???? They really seem to know their thing, and I'd like to know if any of you is running this set-up???? I'm a bit worried that the fact that the rear is heavier duty than the front will give it the sting bug look when unloaded.

Steph.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Finally go fed up with SLS and ordered OME

I guess I really don't know why they have medium upfront then heavy in the back. They probably have a good reason just don't understand why at this point. Do you do towing with it or heavy backloading? Do they have any pictures of rovers they've done this to in the past. What do they look like? Having heavy duty springs in the back is normal for actual trucks with beds, but I dont get why you wouldn't use the same all around on a rover. Ask em and let us know. My only gues is for ride quality, as the front would be a bit softer then the backs. Are you planning on putting any winches or bull bars up front? If so, then go heavy all around. Do you dono towing or loadingand no bar or winch up front? If so then go medium all around. For most people medium is fine. The heavy springs will lift a bit higher then the medium duty. So chances are you will get a little bit of the sting bug look. But I don't think it would be too bad ~ 1/2" to 1" at most in difference from rear to front. Contact OME and see what they think. A second opinion can never hurt. Let us know how it goes. Good luck![sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 03-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The reason why they recommended this is that I do not plan on installing a heavy bumper or winch up front, and I got the 7 pass option, so if it's used, the rear will not squat as much, and I sometimes tow a trailer. They also said that people complain that the rear sags lower than the front when medium duty is used in the back.

Anyways, All should be done this week-end unless the suspension is late to come in. I'll be posting some pics.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds good. Look forward to some pics!