Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finding Towing Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THANK YOU, AK!

I will buy two of those right now- one question- can they be switched (do you think) to allow for use on both sides?

Are they the specific ones you had experience with?

Thanks man!

Pat

Originally Posted by AK Rover
I picked up a pair of extension mirrors at Carquest a couple years back before I left Alaska. They are the ones Salve7 was talking about and made it all the way from Alaska to Arizona and back to Colorado without any problems. (Phil's problem with the mirrors was operator error.) They're universal and will fit any mirror without damage. I would never even think about the mirrors on the fenders. I towed my trailer with my Rover the other day and definitely should have put on the mirror extenders. If I had had to change lanes it would have been a grit the teeth and hope for the best ordeal. I couldn't see anything behind the trailer and my trailer is only 7' wide. It's not as wide as a camper.

http://www.amazon.com/Valley-53900-E.../dp/B0006PU9CI

The Rover manual says not to use a load distributing/balancing hitch. That is different than sway controllers. Sway controllers are more or less shocks that go between the tongue of the trailer and the hitch mount. The SLS is designed to adjust for the added weight of a trailer and a load distributing hitch will mess with the suspension.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Might check Wal Mart for the camera. They have one for $99 here that mounts to your license plate and sends the signal back to the 4" monitor RF. No wires. I got my dad one for his birthday and he loves it.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ordered two with two-day shipping. W000T!

Old 06-02-2009, 03:13 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AK Rover

The Rover manual says not to use a load distributing/balancing hitch. That is different than sway controllers. Sway controllers are more or less shocks that go between the tongue of the trailer and the hitch mount. The SLS is designed to adjust for the added weight of a trailer and a load distributing hitch will mess with the suspension.
ahh ok, thanks for clearing that up AK. I was not certain what the difference was.