Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flowkooler water pump now available?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2021 | 01:33 PM
|
Mudding
Default Flowkooler water pump now available?

Stumbled upon this company a little over a month ago looking for water pump options. At the time their Rover v8 pumps were still listed as "in development". I emailed them but never received a reply. Checked their site again today and looks like they moved from development to production. Went ahead and ordered one.

Main difference just seems to be in impeller design and the company talks a big game about how well it works. Since the old Airtex pumps with the brass impeller are no longer available, this is the only other option besides the standard type. At $130 shipped, it costs about the same as other pumps such as Airtex. Pretty good option if you ask me.

Not sure exactly when I'll get around to installing it (if it arrives lol), but planning on major engine work in the next couple months. We'll see what happens.

https://flowkoolerwaterpumps.com/pro...ery-water-pump

The following 6 users liked this post by 11chuck:
acg (11-21-2021), jastutte (11-21-2021), JUKE179r (04-26-2022), Mntnceguy (11-21-2021), Vegasdisco2 (02-19-2022), whowa004 (11-22-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-21-2021 | 04:06 PM
Recovery Vehicle

hmm. that is cool. (bad pun, i know)

you'll have to record your temps before and after the install.

Old 11-21-2021 | 04:54 PM
Rock Crawling

Look forward to hearing what you think once it’s installed. Thanks

Old 12-16-2021 | 07:57 PM
Mudding

Any update to this? I may be in the market for a new waterpump. Even if it hasn't been installed yet, I'd be thankful to hear if the product's been received / impressions with impeller design?

Old 12-16-2021 | 08:21 PM
Mudding

I ordered one a few weeks ago as well, still no word on if it'll ever arrive. Kinda confusing, their site didn't say anything about long wait times or being out of stock. I may have to follow up with them soon.

Old 12-16-2021 | 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mntnceguy
I ordered one a few weeks ago as well, still no word on if it'll ever arrive. Kinda confusing, their site didn't say anything about long wait times or being out of stock. I may have to follow up with them soon.
Kinda sounds like my order with Simon over at RTE.... I was wanting his D1 Steering Stabilizer Relocation bracket. So I filled out the order form. He was quick to contact me, but he wanted me to buy his HD steering bars, and a stabilizer from him. When I replied back that I had actually grabbed a set of HD steering bars locally from another LR guy and they were 30mm (measurement for his bracket) I have never heard back from him..... I needed it on my truck before I went off roading this month (leaving tomorrow). So he had 4 weeks and never bothered to get back with me.

I'd like to give that water pump a try so if you do end up getting your hands on one please keep us updated or heck let us know if they even contact you back

The following users liked this post:
Mntnceguy (12-16-2021)
Old 12-16-2021 | 10:49 PM
Rock Crawling

Yes I ordered 11/22 and still haven’t received anything. I’m trying to be patient like I’ve been with RTE. Simon at least did prepare me for the suspension build time and long wait for the blistering shocks. Difficult though, So used to immediate gratification with Amazon same day shipping etc.

The following users liked this post:
Mntnceguy (12-16-2021)
Old 12-17-2021 | 01:14 AM
Pro Wrench

Shocks are in short supply pretty much everywhere if looking for Bilstien or Fox or anything not TF or OME. Simon is super super swamped like most small businesses these days, not an excuse by any means just know first hand that he's underwater trying to keep up with all the orders/supply chain once covid hit. I am very curious about this water pump and following along closely to see everyone's thoughts if they ever get one.

Old 12-17-2021 | 03:01 AM
|
Mudding

I emailed them the other day and got a reply back stating they expect to get the castings in this week and will start building them shortly after. I'm guessing another week or two, but holidays are right around the corner so who really knows.

Kinda seems like they didn't have any in stock/built before they started receiving orders. Hoping it's decent and not just a cheap chinese pump with a fancy impeller slapped on.

Old 12-17-2021 | 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

The thing with RTE was he said he would get right on it once I gave him the size of the bars, which I did then absolute silence. I totally understand being busy but at least get back with someone. I just bought a replacement steering stabilizer for 38.00 as I had no choice. If it gets crushed again off road oh well.

Quick Reply: Flowkooler water pump now available?