Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flowkooler water pump now available?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2021 | 10:26 AM
Mudding

Got a reply back from FlowKooler today, saying they ran out of castings and are waiting for more, due sometime next week. Nothing more than that, no firm dates. So, yea, the wait continues...lol

Old 12-17-2021 | 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mntnceguy
Got a reply back from FlowKooler today, saying they ran out of castings and are waiting for more, due sometime next week. Nothing more than that, no firm dates. So, yea, the wait continues...lol
At least you got some sort of reply vs static lol.

Old 12-17-2021 | 11:13 PM
Rock Crawling

Got the same response as well. We will see I guess.

Old 01-26-2022 | 06:12 PM
|
Mudding

Looks like they are starting to ship. Too bad I probably won't install it anytime soon as new school semester just started.

The following 5 users liked this post by 11chuck:
Gripen (01-27-2022), JUKE179r (04-26-2022), Mntnceguy (01-26-2022), Richard Gallant (01-27-2022), whowa004 (01-27-2022)
Old 01-28-2022 | 07:43 PM
Mudding

I got the same message a few days ago, decided to go ahead and check the tracking number today, to see how far away it was...so far they just created a label/tracking number, no actual shipment yet, according to UPS anyway. Still waiting, lol

Old 01-28-2022 | 08:39 PM
|
Mudding

I got the same message a few days ago, decided to go ahead and check the tracking number today, to see how far away it was...so far they just created a label/tracking number, no actual shipment yet, according to UPS anyway. Still waiting, lol
Same. I feel like they're just trying to buy more time since I emailed them few days ago asking for an update.

This thing better be worth it.

Old 01-29-2022 | 07:37 AM
Recovery Vehicle

This is great news, I’ve always noticed that at idle the pumps never really moved enough coolant, although my truck stays cool now, this would be a great upgrade.

Old 01-30-2022 | 10:58 AM
Rock Crawling

11chuck thanks for the post on this.
I received my waterpump on Thursday. Ordered 11/22. Definitely don’t want to go this direction if you are in a hurry!

Plan to put on this week. Current temps with ambient temp in the mid/high 80’s range from 194 to 204. Seeing 208 on the freeway and at times in stop and go traffic mostly not moving for duration of time. Just for some background,..Cooling system is all fairly new last two years; Extinct inline thermostat 180 degree, waterpump from AB, radiator Nissens from Lucky 8, stock fan, new hoses, coolant tank. Coolant level has remained steady at the reservoir seam, an inch or so higher at running temps.

Hopefully temps will get back to normal for a good comparison. Dipped into the 40s here last night. I know that’s beach weather for what most
people up north are dealing with :-)

forgot to mention I am running oil cooler as well.

I just received my RTE order for 3inch…minus the Bilstein shocks still back ordered. Understand what Best4x4 posted. It was strange to pay a ‘good’ amount of money and not hear a whole lot for months. I did check in and got response from Simon but I would have been very worried if I didn’t have the Positive Simon/RTE posts on the forum.

Last edited by 04disco2va; 01-30-2022 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-30-2022 | 04:20 PM
|
Mudding

Originally Posted by 04disco2va
11chuck thanks for the post on this.
I received my waterpump on Thursday. Ordered 11/22. Definitely don’t want to go this direction if you are in a hurry!

Plan to put on this week. Current temps with ambient temp in the mid/high 80’s range from 194 to 204. Seeing 208 on the freeway and at times in stop and go traffic mostly not moving for duration of time. Just for some background,..Cooling system is all fairly new last two years; Extinct inline thermostat 180 degree, waterpump from AB, radiator Nissens from Lucky 8, stock fan, new hoses, coolant tank. Coolant level has remained steady at the reservoir seam, an inch or so higher at running temps.

Hopefully temps will get back to normal for a good comparison. Dipped into the 40s here last night. I know that’s beach weather for what most
people up north are dealing with :-)

forgot to mention I am running oil cooler as well.

I just received my RTE order for 3inch…minus the Bilstein shocks still back ordered. Understand what Best4x4 posted. It was strange to pay a ‘good’ amount of money and not hear a whole lot for months. I did check in and got response from Simon but I would have been very worried if I didn’t have the Positive Simon/RTE posts on the forum.
Those temps seem a little high for what you have done to it, but that's just my opinion. I have a severe duty fan clutch and a different fan type, so I think that keeps my temps down a good bit. Maybe that'll help you as well unless you go to electric fans, as long as there's no other issues going on. I usually don't see over 194 ever unless I leave it idling in 80+ degree weather for a bit, and it's probably gotten close to 210 a few times then.

I got extincts inline setup a few months back and plan on installing it when I do the flowkooler pump. I have a nissens radiator as well and run a bearmach 78c thermostat (this is actually a colder rating than the "low temp" one everyone else goes with). Most of my hoses are still stock as well and the lower is actually the molded 1 piece type. Swapping that out with the multi piece hoses with a metal splitter (idk what else to call it right now haha) when I do the job also.

With my current setup, at highway speeds it'll go as low as 177. It seems to settle at 183 most of the time and long stop and go traffic in hot weather might creep up to 194 every now and then.

Let us know when you get the flowkooler installed and what kind of difference it makes. At this point it might be a little while longer before I tackle the job.

Last edited by 11chuck; 01-30-2022 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-31-2022 | 09:17 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by 11chuck
Those temps seem a little high for what you have done to it, but that's just my opinion. I have a severe duty fan clutch and a different fan type, so I think that keeps my temps down a good bit. Maybe that'll help you as well unless you go to electric fans, as long as there's no other issues going on. I usually don't see over 194 ever unless I leave it idling in 80+ degree weather for a bit, and it's probably gotten close to 210 a few times then.

I got extincts inline setup a few months back and plan on installing it when I do the flowkooler pump. I have a nissens radiator as well and run a bearmach 78c thermostat (this is actually a colder rating than the "low temp" one everyone else goes with). Most of my hoses are still stock as well and the lower is actually the molded 1 piece type. Swapping that out with the multi piece hoses with a metal splitter (idk what else to call it right now haha) when I do the job also.

With my current setup, at highway speeds it'll go as low as 177. It seems to settle at 183 most of the time and long stop and go traffic in hot weather might creep up to 194 every now and then.

Let us know when you get the flowkooler installed and what kind of difference it makes. At this point it might be a little while longer before I tackle the job.
Yes hear you. Your temps are great. Know it has to do a lot with ambient temp and even in the winter here it is usually in the 80s during the day. With this cold front that went through last few days it was 70 today and my temp didn’t go above 182 (local driving). Have tried 170 degree thermostat but no difference unfortunately. My Dad likes to give me a hard time commenting,,,weren’t these trucks in the Dakar Rally !
something is not quite right. Let me know what severe duty fan clutch and fan your using? Maybe that will help.

I’ve had my eye on the carrs4x4 ‘splitter’ for some time!

Quick Reply: Flowkooler water pump now available?