Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found Sorce of Vibratión...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009 | 12:54 PM
Team Owner

And yes, Luv2Disco, the new tires do make me...challenged.
It must be from sitting in the driveway and sniffing them for hours at a time.

Last edited by Spike555; 04-04-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-04-2009 | 01:08 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Thanks Mike ...Just sent him an e-mail and told him that you were refering me to Him ... hope he cand send some spare parts down here..

Mike do you think trying to repair the t case is looking for trouble? If so could you Please elaborate a Little ..and Sorry for the trouble.

So far only Front out put Falange oscilatión .. One Metal shaving ( small Piece) and 1 damaged seal were the T case conects with the Tranny.

Old 04-04-2009 | 04:00 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Spike555
And yes, Luv2Disco, the new tires do make me...challenged.
It must be from sitting in the driveway and sniffing them for hours at a time.

My garage still smells like fresh rubber from the new Geolanders that Discount tire gave me. And it's gonna smell even better on Monday cause I just dropped my bike at the shop for a service and...........new tires!

Old 04-04-2009 | 05:45 PM
Team Owner

I love the smell of new rubber in the morning.

Old 04-04-2009 | 05:50 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Mike ???

Old 04-05-2009 | 10:50 AM
Winching

Sorry to butt in....
Do you have a Disco 1 or 2?
I own a Disco 1 and I swapped the t-case since it was broke when I bought my truck. To replace the seal between the tranny and the t-case you will need to drop it from the truck. And you will definitely need help since it is heavy.
Which output flange is bad on your truck? If it is the rear one, I have one I can sell. It is complete with the shaft. Maybe someone can confirm that it would fit.

Do you know exactly where the metal shaving come from? Maybe you should open it to check that all gears are fine.

If you have been able to perform all of your maintenance by yourself, I think you're not looking for trouble if you try to repair your t-case.

Old 04-05-2009 | 11:15 AM
|
Three Wheeling

Thanks For butting in JULL.

It´s a Disco 2 ( 2003 90 K ) T Case is already down and completely torn Opart. The oscilation is in the front Out put Falange. and so far I need that seal and front out put falange with shaft ...

I still dont know were that metal shaving came from , but still looking I think I´m in the hands of a good obsesed mechanic. but desperately need some parts ...

Thanks again.

Old 04-06-2009 | 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

can you post some pics?

Old 04-06-2009 | 11:01 AM
Camel Trophy

It is not hard to replace the front output flange, seal and bearing.

Look under the tech tab at Discoweb.org. There is a write up with pictures for replacing the t-case bearing. You just need to find one.

Old 04-06-2009 | 01:36 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Ill try to post some Pics By thursday...But Im more concerned about were to get spares.

OK Disco ...I Hope it´s only the seal and Falanges..Post is Great ( thanks ) But I was reading in other forums and do you think I MUST find were that metal shaving came from.. also there are some scraps in the inner housing of the case.. might be a prevous attempt to repair It or some scratches of that metal Piece... How can I be shure.?

Im working with the shops mechanic and now were a little Lost, We know we are looking for Play, scraps, boroken bearings, more metal shavings, and specially that off center rotattion on the front falange. Anythjing else????

The thing is Not that Much on How to do It but were to get the Part´s I Need down Here.. That´s what I really need right Now..

I´m Also keeping an eye on used Ebay... Cases...

Will any 1999-04 disco 2 Cases Fit or should I Look ONLY for 03 04 ( 4.6 ) cases??

By the way I´m In contact with BRIAN in British attlantic ... who is aware of my situation and wrote me an e mail last night telling me that he has some of the parts I need but If he does not have all the things I need ... THAT HE WILL TRY TO LOCATE THE FROM ME. Now that is something we don´t see everyday...

Quick Reply: Found Sorce of Vibratión...