Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found Sorce of Vibratión...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator
Received 105 Likes on 12 Posts

I asked for pictures so that maybe we might spot something and figure out that maybe you don't need an entire case just or x,y,z part. I would hate for you to to go through all this part searching when i might be simpler or a worst case scenario.... THEN after everything has been fixed...the pics can help the next guy... =)

Old 04-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

pull the output flange and check the shaft that it bolts too for straightness and play. Also check the flange to see if it is bent while you have it off.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Yicsalas. My mistake.. It´s Just that I was not in the work shop Today but of course Ill Post the Pics ASAP.

OKdiscoguy I´m prtty shure that the shaft is bent since the type of movement is off centered or oscilating ( is that well said ???) and the flanange would not make that movement alone right ??

Ive been thinking of what you stated in another post that these Flange could only be heated or repaired ONCE?? Ive been thinking of doing that since Ive had NO Luck in getting one Used.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The flange could make that movement alone, but more likely, it is the shaft. It would take quite a bit of force to bend that shaft, I could see it distorting the flange or destroying the bearing first. I really do not recommend these guys because of the horror stories I have heard about getting the wrong parts. If your are very specific with them, they may have what you need.

http://www.carcannibal.com/rover/

Old 04-08-2009, 07:48 AM
Three Wheeling

Thanks Again OKDISCOGUY I´m On my way to the shop this morning cause I have a message on the phone that said " We have several bent part´s " and we need Replacements for them they cannot be repaired so .. I´m Worried.

I´ll Have a List and some pictures today and see what I can do.. Ill Try Rover connection first an also contact car cannibal as well.

Have Not heard anything about Great Bassin Rovers Like Mike suggested ( Out on Vacation Mabe ) but really need to start getting things down here.

Actually You are not going to believe this but Im thinking on Starting a LR shop down here with all I Have learned ... there are only 2 LR shops in All Of Mexico city and prices are INCREDIBLY HI.. more than 8K for a T Case???????? for example.

I Think I Can do Better than That ... My best Friend already has a good work shop and seems enthusiastic about the Idea,

Old 04-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator
Received 105 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by javoli002
Actually You are not going to believe this but Im thinking on Starting a LR shop down here with all I Have learned ... there are only 2 LR shops in All Of Mexico city and prices are INCREDIBLY HI.. more than 8K for a T Case???????? for example.

I Think I Can do Better than That ... My best Friend already has a good work shop and seems enthusiastic about the Idea,
THAT WOULD DEF HELP OTHERS DOWN THERE...good luck!

i don't have a shop but seeing as there aren't ANY LR shops on this island I am prob the most knowledgeable person down here, thanx to the forum of course...

So on weekends i work on other people's Disco, RRC, etc... and I charge about half of what most shops down here would charge. I learn more about Land Rovers and my customers have piece of mind that I will treat their rigs like my own.

The best thing is that the little pocket change I get goes into my MOD fund.... how else do you think I have been paying my mods and personal maintenance??? I bust knuckles, spill oil, and inhale dangerous fumes for my mods.... no parents giving me their credit cards...

Last edited by jycsalas; 04-08-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Three Wheeling

Hi Again .. Seems it´s the front out put shaft and front out put Flange.
I´m Also changing the rear out put flange as well as some seals ( Oil seal and mainshaft oil seal. )

I found everything in Atlantic British exept the out put Shaft ..It is bent and causing that oscilation movement witch causes that vibration when I decelerate or let off the gas... I Have the pictures of scratches on the T Case Inner housings but still trying to figure out how to reduce them in size so I can Post them on the forum..

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Setting...over%20004.zip

Old 04-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Three Wheeling

Well here we Go..

One Pic is from a bent T Case Shaft .. It´s bent and actually I could see it turning outside of its axis or in an oscilatory movement ( hopeI said it right).

Other 2 Pictures of some scratches on the inside of the t Case Housing. Mabe a previous attempt to repair or Metal shaving damage. ( don´t Know )

The other one is from the gears ,, They all seem OK , No cracks or play any were.

The thing Is I got everything But the Front Shaft.. And I need one Urgently.

Is the Front Shaft the same in all series 2?

Shop told me this one has a CDL ??? As far as I know only 04 Discos have CDL Right..

OR will any series 2 Shaft will do ??

Thanks For all the Help..

Attached Thumbnails -peso-bajo.jpg   -peso-bajo-2.jpg   -peso-bajo-3.jpg   -peso-bajo-4.jpg  
Old 04-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I am 90% sure that any series 2 shaft will work.
Find roverguy7 and send him a PM, he is a LR Tech and works at a dealer.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Three Wheeling

Any one ??? JYCSALAS. MIke. OK DISCO????

Any coments on the Inner casing or Were I can Get the Shaft??

Quick Reply: Found Sorce of Vibratión...