Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Bumper Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 06:07 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Front Bumper Suggestions

Yesterday someone backed into my truck and the 20 year old plastic shattered. Unfortunately they didn't leave their contact info so I'm stuck figuring out a solution. It looks like a new replacement is over 1k on ebay and the salvage yard doesn't have any DII's. Does anyone have a favorite aftermarket replacement? Truck is currently stock so I'm not looking for any crazy bull bar type bumpers. Also, if anyone is trying to offload an aftermarket bumper or a stock one for a 99-02 let me know.
​​

Old 11-12-2022, 07:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 280 Likes on 182 Posts

They go mild to wild. High end is ARB or the other company that has traded owners a bit and had some stupid failbook battles.

I’m pretty sure I’ll be going with a Goliath for the front. There are some super duper cheap flea bay specials too that are cheap for a reason. If you are not planning on hard core use and a winch, I’d middle of the road like Goliath should suffice.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:46 PM
Mudding
Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

I will second the Goliath Offroad bumper. I have a cheap knock-off of their bumper but would have purchased that one if I didn't buy this Disco with the current bumper already installed. They make nice accessories. I just received their Discovery 2 rock sliders and will be installing them once i gather enough courage to drill all those holes through door sill plate(s) to bolt the metal bar that goes behind on.

Old 11-13-2022, 12:23 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 120 Likes on 94 Posts

Ther are lots out there just depends on how much you want to pay, I got mine from a UK company called" Insideout4x4", as an ex fab welder the build quality was vey good and fitting was very easy just needed to remove the radiator grill and modify it and mine will take a winch if I wont to fit one at a later stage

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173661280...wAAOSwHHRb~QIM

Last edited by frostythor; 11-13-2022 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-13-2022, 01:48 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 175 Likes on 108 Posts

Try calling Great Basin Rovers and see if they have any stock bumpers leftover from customers that upgraded to steel bumpers.

Also, check the junkyards in your area with https://www.car-part.com/

Shipping might kill the deal for you but Rovers North has a scratch-n-dent winch bumper in the clearance section.

Recommend checking Craigslist and FB marketplace for the ARB bumper...I scored mine for $100 but it needed the fitting kit and a lick of paint.

Happy hunting!

Old 11-14-2022, 07:40 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 819 Likes on 538 Posts

If the plan is to off-road routinely I'd skip over the ARB. approach angle is awful and you look at them crooked and they bend out of shape or get unaligned in my experience. If just for looks then they are one of the better looking bumpers out there. I gladly traded my ARB for an old safari guard or RTE (I honestly don't remember or care as the approach angle and build quality is infinitely better).

Old 11-14-2022, 04:11 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions. The Goliath bumper looks pretty good, not looking to spend a ton on this.

Old 11-14-2022, 07:04 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 468 Likes on 279 Posts

I like the Goliath, but unfortunately they are not powder coated. A local shop quoted me $400

Old 12-05-2022, 09:16 AM
Overlanding
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone tried any of the various ebay bumpers?
This one seems to be a LOT of bang for the buck considering it comes with lights and a light bar too: https://www.ebay.com/itm/15518487678...3ABFBMjNTRrZxh

My Disco will likely never see offroad usage - been there years ago destroying CJ7's - but will see a lot of snow usage, so for me a bumper upgrade is more of a cosmetic thing rather than functional.

Old 12-05-2022, 11:22 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 971 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by ajpags
Has anyone tried any of the various ebay bumpers?
This one seems to be a LOT of bang for the buck considering it comes with lights and a light bar too: https://www.ebay.com/itm/15518487678...3ABFBMjNTRrZxh

My Disco will likely never see offroad usage - been there years ago destroying CJ7's - but will see a lot of snow usage, so for me a bumper upgrade is more of a cosmetic thing rather than functional.
My front bumper gets a lot of abuse so I need it to be strong, but I would certainly consider that rear bumper for the price.

Quick Reply: Front Bumper Suggestions