Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front drive shaft geometry disco one

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Overlanding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool Front drive shaft geometry disco one

Just completed complete bushing replacment with polys from RN at the same time replaced all shocks and damper with Bilstiens and put on ex heavy duty springs from RN added new braided brake lines and new sway bar ball joints and two inch lift spacers front and rear.

Work needed to be done and more to do getting ready to install ARB/W WINCH front does ride a little higher but after talking w/RN the added weight for the new ARB and winch should provide proper ride and support stock parts wont handle it worn out.

Install went great no issues found that removing rover bushings which were getting pretty worn(LOP SIDED) were easily removed using hole saw kit easily removed the perfect core then used a sawsall with metal balde to score steel sleeve(be carefull)once this was done used a drift to drive out steel sleeve very easy.

Drove the rover very small vibration really small at about twenty miles per hour at 25 goes away.

I'am wondering if its caused by the change in shaft geometry angle between TC four bolt flange and diff four bolt flange I know the angle is differant.

Anyone have any thoughts? should I consider a TW custom shaft?

Would like to get some further ideas.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know when i lifted my D1 I had to get a new front driveshaft with a double cardan joint at the transfer case. I had the same problem but at higher speed about 50-55. The only way I found the vibration was taking the front shaft completely out and locking the TC and drove it. I wouldnt recomend driving it very long but it might help you narrow down the cause of your problem.

Last edited by Long Haul; 01-30-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Overlanding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Smile dirve shaft

your right checked it out today need new drive shaft.