Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pressure Reg Vacuum Hose

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pressure Reg Vacuum Hose

On my 96 disco there is a little hose coming from the fuel pressure regulator into the plenum. This is the hose I used for the induction cleaning. After I did the cleaning however the little metal rod that allows the hose to connect to the plenum came loose. I was able to refit the hose and the rod but I'm not sure that it is in there properly or that it ever was connected properly.

What does this hose do exactly and how can I be sure its connected properly?

Old 01-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: Fuel Pressure Reg Vacuum Hose

Well, I did a test and found that the truck is losing fuel pressure after sitting for about 20 mins. The pressure is good when the truck is running and a few minutes after shutting down...but not if its been off for 20 mins or so.

SO....this narrows my starting problem down quite a bit,

1) Fuel Pump Valve (this was replaced at the dealer for this problem but it didn't change anything)
2) Leaky Injector (I have been getting p0308 and p1316 even after new wires and plugs)
3) Somthing else...fuel pressure regulator etc...

Please Advise

Ofcourse...96 D1 118k miles

Old 01-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

1) if fuel comes out of the fuel pressure regulator when you take off the vacuum
line then the regulator in bad and should be changed (check hot and cold).
2) addressing question on misfire code with new plug and wires
what type of plugs are you using and were thay gaped right
when you put them in. lets not forget about the sticking valve
issue that the old discoverys have.
3) are there any issues with the discovery starting (delay)
or just an issue about the fuel pressure dropping after the
engine is shut off?

Old 05-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Three Wheeling

On my 98 Disco I - there is a little hose coming off the Fuel Pressure Regulator but its not connected to anything else on other end. Where should the other end of this hose be connected? Enclosed is a picture.

Thanks!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/10441/11382F1F15F54037ADF8D1100B1AD04E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

You will lose fuel PSI after time, the fuel pump will only hold it for so long before it bleeds back into the fuel tank. So dont worry about it. If you are having starting issues then I would look into it.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:39 AM
Three Wheeling

Thanks - but is it supposed to connected on both sides? If so, what should it be connected to - I didn't see anything that was obvious. Or it it supposed to only be connected to (what I believe to be ) the Fuel Pressure Regulator?

Old 05-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Mudding

The fuel pressure regulator hose goes to a vacuum fitting on the engine. On my 94 Disco, it goes to a little vacuum nipple on the plate the Idle Air Control valve screws into. It requires manifold vacuum to operate properly. Look around for an open vacuum nipple on your intake manifold air plenum....usually very near the fuel pressure regulator in the back of the engine. You may have to feel around with your hands, or use a mirror on a stick to see it.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Three Wheeling

Thanks PT - I looked every where near the regulator - but didnt come across a thing. I'll get a mirror and check again. Maybe this is why my truck sputters at times? On the Rave CD - the diagram with the fuel regulator is cut off on the bloody part I need to see.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Mudding

ORIGINAL: pedro_malo

Thanks PT - I looked every where near the regulator - but didnt come across a thing. I'll get a mirror and check again. Maybe this is why my truck sputters at times? On the Rave CD - the diagram with the fuel regulator is cut off on the bloody part I need to see.

YES, if it is not connected, you have 2 problems. 1.) your fuel regulator is not getting the manifold vacuum it needs to operate, and 2.) somewhere on your air plenum/manifold is an open vacuum nipple that is letting in excessive air.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Three Wheeling

Sounds like we are getting somewhere. I have been searching the web and the RAVE CD - but cannot fin a diagram. Does anyone know where the Fuel Regulator Vaccuum Hose can be connected to the AIR Manifold on a 98 Disco? I just spent the last 45 mins checking and came up empty handed. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pressure Reg Vacuum Hose