Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump

Masters of the Universe,

I took out my fuel pump today and I think the problem is in the pump mechanism at the bottom of the assembly. I have included some information on the part that I need. If anyone knows how to get this part in the states that would be a great help.

Carolina Blue
97 Discovery 4.0 V8 witH ARB
__________________________________________________ ___

"
Thanks for the pointer to eBay, Philip A - I have purchased one of the commodore fuel pumps as a spare to take on trips - just in case. The pump arrived promptly via Express Post on Friday and it appears to be a direct drop-in replacement for the LandRover pump.

The package contains the pump itself, as well as the filter sock, wiring harness (pump connector to bare ends 150mm long), a rubber sleeve which I assume is a silencer to slide over the pump body, a pair of small hose clamps and a moulded rubber seal which would be used in a commodore.

I have photographed the Borgg pump (right or lower) alongside the LandRover unit (left or upper) which I removed from my tank about 18months ago after it failed and it looks almost identical. Certainly the Discovery specific parts, the rubber moulding which sits between the end of the pump and the base of the carrier and the fuel hose fit fine.

From the seller's website the pump is sold as a Borgg pump "E F P 033" spec'd as follows:

SPECS:
APPLICATION PRESSURE: 350 kpa
MAX RELIEF PRESSURE : 750 kpa
FLOW RATE : 22.0 GRAM/SEC
FUEL: PETROL
DESCRIPTION: ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP
VEHICLE APPLICATION:INTANK ( ONLY SINGLE PUMP SYSTEM HOLDEN VN-VS 6 & 8 CYL )
DIAMETER: 43.5
HEIGHT : 130.6
INLET OUTER DIAMETER : 19.08 mm
INLET TYPE : BEAD END
OUTLET OUTER DIAMETER: 7.95 mm
VOLTAGE : 12V

The seller is "performanceworld1" and the buy now price was $55 plus $7 postage. It is listed as having a one year warranty, and the price is listed as a 2 week special but looking through the seller's feedback, this may be a marketing strategy as all previous purchases I found were at the same price. Nonetheless his service was extremely prompt and he kept me well informed of my order's progress via email.

My choice for replacing the pump back 18 months ago was to purchase a complete assembly from JB LandRover in the UK at $248 (£UK101). My contact there was extremely helpful and tried very hard to find me a pump motor only without success. I actually used the pump motor from the assembly in my original frame as it was metal whilst the new one appears to be nylon. I've checked the Borgg pump fits that brand new frame OK.

The Borg pump has no markings on it. The LandRover pump (I suspect it's Bosch) carries two numbers - 25165432 and A2895-2. The Borgg has a filter gauze inside the fuel entry orifice and the filter sock has a gauze packing to help it retain its shape better, neither of which are present in the LandRover pump.

Short of trying it in the vehicle (which is a little tricky as I have a set of "scuba" gas tanks mounted to the floor above it) I'm happy that it will at least make a good spare and I have no reason to believe it won't be a permanent repair should I require it.

Attached Thumbnails

Old 01-19-2009, 05:02 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Pump

It will cost you a fortune to import that fuel pump. You will pay out the butt for shipping and your bank will charge you a 3% converstion fee, so 3% to convert US $'s to whatever currency is needed, and not to mention the exchange rate. If the US dollar is worth more than the British pound for example you might be alright, if it is worth less...
www.roverlandparts.com
www.autosportsunlimited.com
Both will sell you a good used pump.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:08 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

I agree, what a waste of good money.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Team Owner

http://outbackoffroadcenter.com/
These guys have a DI that they are parting out.
Send them a e-mail.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Overlanding

Thanks yall, didnt really find anything off those, but I appreciated your help. Outback is parting out non-evap D1's mine is an EVAp,(square caninster) and the best that the Auto Salvage site could do was 225 ..for a used pump. All i really need is the pumo mechanism, my asembly is working fine except for that. Any other thoughts, thanks again.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Team Owner

I have heard but can not verify that you can us the pump from a GM fuel pump to rebuild your LR pump.
There should be a model number on the pump that you can cross referance with another pump.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:39 PM
8th Gear

Bosch pump #60218 available at Advance Auto. About $60.00