Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full squirrel cage alert!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 11:38 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Full squirrel cage alert!

So after putting off the rattling dash and annoying noise for over 4 months, I decided to take the blower out to see what the cuprit was. Holy debri...but no dead mice in it.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:45 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

If that was a mouse nest, better check around for some wire damage, they love insulation.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Yikes! Your blower motor thanks you.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Mudding

Mike, it looked like just leaves and maybe some black soft foam insulation that was pulled in from somewhere. The blower motor is definitely thankful.

Now I get to pull off the passenger side door panel as my window started to go up crooked. I hear it's a nylon wheel bearing that is possibly broke. Is this a pretty easy fix?

Old 06-26-2013, 01:04 PM
Mudding

One other question, I want to replace that cardboard piece under the passenger foot well that covers the blower motor. Mine is not in bad shape but would like a new one. Rover Parts doesn't carry them, any clue on where to buy?

Old 06-26-2013, 01:45 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hankeester
Mike, it looked like just leaves and maybe some black soft foam insulation that was pulled in from somewhere. The blower motor is definitely thankful.

Now I get to pull off the passenger side door panel as my window started to go up crooked. I hear it's a nylon wheel bearing that is possibly broke. Is this a pretty easy fix?
That black stuff I believe is your air filter in the windshield cowl, brittle/worn and was sucked in. Make sure you replace the air draw filter in the cowl otherwise this will just fill up again. Cut a filter to fit it or buy the kit.

Also my squirrel cage wasn't so lucky... Motor is good though, managed to destroy the squirrel cage it was so good lol. PM if anyone needs motor only.

Name:  2013-06-24_150455_zps24d4cdb5.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  51.6 KB

Old 06-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

That coarse air filter material in the home stores (make your filter aisle) cuts easily and makes a great leaf filter. There is also a slot that goes strainght down to the squirrel cage, shove a piece in there as well. I live in the land of live oaks, billions of tiny leaves.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

The dealer is the only place for a "NEW" panel for your blower.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by gpelite
That black stuff I believe is your air filter in the windshield cowl, brittle/worn and was sucked in. Make sure you replace the air draw filter in the cowl otherwise this will just fill up again. Cut a filter to fit it or buy the kit.

Also my squirrel cage wasn't so lucky... Motor is good though, managed to destroy the squirrel cage it was so good lol. PM if anyone needs motor only.

Is that also known as the cabin filter? I'm looking over at A.B.'s website and only see a cabin filter..

Old 06-27-2013, 10:59 AM
Mudding

Filter Pollen (Genuine Part # JZL100120) - Land Rover pcv & pollen/cabin filters from Atlantic British

You must be referring to this..makes more sense if it goes somewhere underneath the windshield cowl..

Quick Reply: Full squirrel cage alert!