Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Funny how the girls love my Discovery

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Funny how the girls love my Discovery

I helped an old friend move some furniture in my trailer pulled behind my Disco; she got some of her college age daughter's friends to give us a hand and I found it amusing how her daughter and most of her friends just loved my car and said they wanted one. Most of these kids are in their first year or so of college and they all agreed over lunch that it was one cool car. One girl said she had wanted one but her dad said they were too top heavy and dangerous. Maybe top heavy on the wallet was all I thought of! A Disco would be a safe car for a kid if driven responsibly but with the upkeep and maintenance and what I recall of teens not taking care of their cars it probably wouldn't be the best choice. They are definitely safer then a Jeep which I see a lot of kids driving.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I agreed about the top heavy thing. Everyone says they are top heavy, but I have to say it is less top than my dodge dakota was. It was a stock 2wd... I dont think people look at the suspension and chassis, before they look at the body. Those axles and chassis are quite heavy, offsetting the body and all the windows, lowering the center of gravity. Which recently a friend and I scrapped a cherokee, those thing have smallest axles and the lightest chassis, a monobody...

Old 07-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

That is one of the things that make the LR such a great off road truck, aluminum body and boat anchors for frame and axles.
45% side slope and still wont roll over.

You must have been in Heaven Chris, college girls surrounding you and your Rover...usually you have to pay for that kinda thing.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Mudding

**swoon**...THUD. Whoa, I just went outside, saw my Disco and fainted on the sidewalk. I guess my estrogen got in the way again. Damn ovaries...

Old 07-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my Disco... Had a Range Rover sold it and bought Disco # 6

Old 10-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Mudding

so op thats cool but ahhaaa, they're over 18, did you piitb?

Last edited by yesmar; 10-30-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Rock Crawling

Im 17, And the disco is my third vehicle... My 1987 Dodge ramcharger got stolen... My 1993 Dodge ram 250 LE got totaled by a drunk driver... And now i have my 98 Disco... Which im slowly realizing needs more attention then a newborn baby... but i love her

Old 10-30-2009, 08:47 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555

You must have been in Heaven Chris, college girls surrounding you and your Rover...usually you have to pay for that kinda thing.
Thats my life in a nutshell.
And i am paying for it. Its called tuition.
hahahaha

Old 10-30-2009, 09:09 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

had to drop the 22 year old 6' blond volleyball player due to her being crazy beyond my liking,,,

new chick i am seeing is 19 and in college. since this is about young girls i felt i would share that hahhhahahahaha

"i keep getting older,,,they stay the same age" bwahahahahahahha

Old 10-30-2009, 09:15 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

now this is exactly the kind of thread we need more of..hot college girls (that's how I picture them in my mind) that are into rovers! Why are we always talking about stupid things like 3 amigos and which mud tires are best?

btw, X 50 on the top heavy thing..everybody tells me the same thing until I explain to them body panels are aluminum and the running gear is where all the weight is.

Quick Reply: Funny how the girls love my Discovery