Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

garage door openers

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default garage door openers

OK maybe the subject line is questionable, but on my rear view mirror I have three button for remote openers, problem is I do not have any of the manuals I have downloaded the RAVE CD but unless I am missing it I can not find out how to program them. Sooooo does anyone know how to program??

Old 05-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: garage door openers

1. Hopld the 2 outside buttons until the light turns red
2- decide which of the 3 buttons you want to be the one opening the garage door
3-hold the hand held garage transmitter beside the homelink ( where the 3 buttons are ) allowing you to still see the red light
4-press the hand held button as well as the button you have chosen to be the one opening the door and continue to press them at the same time
5-hold them both down untilyou see the red light flashing, first slowly then rapidly. This indicates that the Home link has learned the same code as you hand held device.
6- you're done dude. Try it.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Three Wheeling

Thanks Dude, will this process work with garage door openerthat has a learning function, as I have one door that I do not have the remote.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Three Wheeling

Darover,
disregard that last post, stupid on my part, the code is in the transmitter not in the actual garage opener

Old 05-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle

So did it work ???you can use the other 2 buttons to program 2 other garage doors.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Darover

1. Hopld the 2 outside buttons until the light turns red
2- decide which of the 3 buttons you want to be the one opening the garage door
3-hold the hand held garage transmitter beside the homelink ( where the 3 buttons are ) allowing you to still see the red light
4-press the hand held button as well as the button you have chosen to be the one opening the door and continue to press them at the same time
5-hold them both down untilyou see the red light flashing, first slowly then rapidly. This indicates that the Home link has learned the same code as you hand held device.
6- you're done dude. Try it.
I am so happy I logged on tonight just see what was happening......I have been in the same boat for 2 1/2 years and it kept slipping my mind to ask about this. Thanks Darover for answering and Troubled for asking!

The following users liked this post:
D2r (05-16-2023)
Old 05-23-2008, 09:35 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

HomeLink also has the full official instructions on their website, for those of you who want a print out for the glove box.

Oh yeah, if you have an older model garage opener mechanism it will NOT program, more that 13-15 years wont work.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Three Wheeling

Darover,
That process did not work I tried it last night, I could get the light to blink amber and this seem to take 15-20 secs, I continued to hold for over a minute but it would stay blinking amber and when i released the buttons it went off. I will try again when the wife gets home, as since i bought the LR it has become her baby.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:38 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.homelink.com/training/tra...clude=gdo_main

Try the link, it has the official instructions.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Camdisco's link is exactly what it says in the owner's manual, where I got the supplied info. It is true that the light is amber and not red as described in the manual. The homelink cannot learn by itself, you have to used your hand held garage door remote. All in all , what you are doing is quite simple....You are training your homelink to learn the hand held remote's code to open the door. So following the directions to the letter should work. Unless your garage door opener is of an older design.

Worked for me.

Quick Reply: garage door openers