Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GAS PRICE

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: GAS PRICE

Well you all have it REALLY easy to be honest, Your fuel prices are what ours were about 8 YEARS ago!!!!

I filled up yesterday at £1.22 a Litre, thats over $10 a gallon in your money..................

Old 05-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I dont know how you guys can even afford to live in the UK with gas at that price. It must tick you off to hear us complain about gas for $4.19 per gallon.
How many miles do you drive your trk per year? What else do you own?

Old 05-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Spike555

I dont know how you guys can even afford to live in the UK with gas at that price. It must tick you off to hear us complain about gas for $4.19 per gallon.
How many miles do you drive your trk per year? What else do you own?
Neither do I spike,

Yes it does "tick" me off to hear you guys moaning when you have such cheap fuel, but I fully understand that if it goes up it affects what your used to paying. You guys have had gas guzzling V8's for years and years, cars like that over here are just not common unless you have LOTS of money.

I have had my Disco about 10 months and done 7000 miles, I dont do big mileage, if I did have to it would be gone tbh. I also have a D1 V8, and Im sure you are all aware how "thirsty" that is, but that only plays offroad.

It would actually be cheaper for me to sell my TD5 and buy a V8 now as petrol is cheaper than diesel over here now. It was always the other way around for years !!, until many many normal motorists bought diesel cars as they became more refined, so the goverment "hiked" the tax. Its just mad over here.

I would buy fueland waste it drivingaround at the price you guys pay !!

Old 05-23-2008, 08:35 PM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The price of fuel will make a lot of people sell there SUV's so Disco's will be cheaper.
I think I may pickup a few Disco I's for part truck's.
Only the hard core will keep their Land Rovers so fewer soccer mom's will have them.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:31 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I will NEVER sell my disco... But just today our prices went up 10 cents.... UGH!
I read a story that said all prices will be over $4.00 bucks by LABOR day, and its not even memorial day yet and most places have already hit that... needless to say that story was a few months old.

Since the disco was the first car I ever bought I decided I will only buy british cars...
Mini Cooper anyone??
Right now a small car looks real nice... But I always make fun of them... gah this is tough!

Old 05-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I THOUGHT TOO THE WORLD WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT SADDAM HUSSEIN.BUT AFTER THE SEEING THE GLOBAL RESULTS , I WONDER IS IT?

Old 05-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Team Owner

It will get better after Nov.
My wife and I see it this way, the trk is paid for, to buy a smaller car would cost us more than a several years worth of gas, even at $4.25 per gallon. We would take a loss on the trk, then the price of the car...we would lose on that deal. Not to mention that you cant off-road in a Aveo.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:07 AM
Three Wheeling

THE MESS IS A BIG ONE,REALLY NOT THAT EASY TO FIX IN A FAST EFFECTIVE WAY ,BUT LIKE YOU I BELIEVE IT WILL GET BETTER IN TIME.THECOST WILL BE BIG,IN LIVES,MONEY AND MENTAL PEACE.IT MAKES ME SICK KNOWING THAT BUSH HIS ARAB FRIENDS AND ALL THE OTHER GANGSTERS OF THIS ADMINISTRATION WILL GET AWAY WITH ALL THIS.MAY GOD BLESS US ALL!

Old 05-29-2008, 03:45 PM
2nd Gear

I wish.......$3 Gal?

I live in New Zealand..... Discoveries are popular here, but desperately expensive to run.
Our fuel is distributed from 4 main companies, these are allied to your main ones as well, Shell etc.
These companies adjust fuel prices regularly up and down...although more up than down....legally in NZ they are not permitted to "price fix", but none of them are prepared to offer fuel at a few cents cheaper....so all fuel costs the same in each area of country.
Although in "Remote" areas it can besubstantially dearer.....

May 30th 2008....
Disco Fuel (96 Octane) is $2.06 a litre.......there are very close to 4.5 litres in one Gallon

This equals within one or two cents off $9.00 per Gallon.

(cost me $138.00 to fill my 96 Disco ES, today...we are going bush for weekend)
( Discos sell for $12 (US)for D1 and up to $40K(US) for DII)

Old 05-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Team Owner

Here we call it price gouging, we had gas jump $.30 in less than 6 hours.

Quick Reply: GAS PRICE