Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauge Cluster Bulb Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 07:31 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Sure, will do.

I don't think LR liked their dash in ice blue though they liked that subtle subdued green glow whilst happily relieving your wallet for £4.65 per lamp the whole lot from LR would have totalled way over £50 they see LR owners as 'cash cows' and mugs.

I just paid $45 give or take for five cluster bulbs.... was planning on replacing the climate control, radio and clock bulbs next week but it will cost another $45+ for those bulbs.... Would love to save some money and upgrade to LED instead. I want green LED though, no fancy blues or reds.

Old 08-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Hi TRIARII, sorry for the delay but I've have been working hard on the Pajero and then the D2 dash packed up so I have had to refit the old binnacle unit. The photos of the dash weren't too successful but I took some of the A/C unit with LED's.

I've posted the A/C dash and a couple of photos of the D2 and of course, the Pajero (my baby). I'll try getting some better dash shots and post them now I've learned how to post images (many thanks to SuperSport he's a real gem ) SS makes it a lot easier than I'd imagined.

This is more a learning exercise on how to post photos on the forum so don't get too picky about the quality of the rubbish I've posted.

Attached Thumbnails Gauge Cluster Bulb Replacement-img_4101.jpg   Gauge Cluster Bulb Replacement-img_4115.jpg   Gauge Cluster Bulb Replacement-img_4118.jpg   Gauge Cluster Bulb Replacement-img_4119.jpg   Gauge Cluster Bulb Replacement-img_4120.jpg  

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 08-03-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:05 PM
TReK

Hi TRIARII, sorry for the delay but I've have been working hard on the Pajero and then the D2 dash packed up so I have had to refit the old binnacle unit. The photos of the dash weren't too successful but I took some of the A/C unit with LED's.

I've posted the A/C dash and a couple of photos of the D2 and of course, the Pajero (my baby). I'll try getting some better dash shots and post them now I've learned how to post images (many thanks to SuperSport he's a real gem ) SS makes it a lot easier than I'd imagined.

This is more a learning exercise on how to post photos on the forum so don't get too picky about the quality of the rubbish I've posted.
they look good offroadfrance! Just need ones that are green. Let me know if you can figure out where you got them.

The issue Im having when I search for LED bulbs is that i dont know what to buy.... so many bulbs out there and im not sure which ones would be compatible with my truck. Dont know which ones will fit where in my truck.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by TRIARII
they look good offroadfrance! Just need ones that are green. Let me know if you can figure out where you got them.

The issue Im having when I search for LED bulbs is that i dont know what to buy.... so many bulbs out there and im not sure which ones would be compatible with my truck. Dont know which ones will fit where in my truck.
Hi TRIARII, I'll do a search on Ebay purchases and Paypal and try locate the original purchase but it's a long time back, some years ago.

I know/think they were T5's but you'd need to check that out.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:49 AM

Hi TRIARII,

I've done a search and I'm reasonably sure these are the ones. I bought them from Alltronix. My problem is I fitted them to 4 different cars and it's hard to remember which lamps fitted which car. I think you'll need to double check the fitment in the D2 dash to ensure these are correct. They are a huge saving on the price you were quoted.

10 x BLUE 509T DASHBOARD SPEEDO DASH BULBS UK SELLER ! | eBay

PS they come in Blue, Green, Red and White. There may be other colours also.

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 08-04-2014 at 04:51 AM.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:36 AM
TReK

Hi TRIARII,

I've done a search and I'm reasonably sure these are the ones. I bought them from Alltronix. My problem is I fitted them to 4 different cars and it's hard to remember which lamps fitted which car. I think you'll need to double check the fitment in the D2 dash to ensure these are correct. They are a huge saving on the price you were quoted.

10 x BLUE 509T DASHBOARD SPEEDO DASH BULBS UK SELLER ! | eBay

PS they come in Blue, Green, Red and White. There may be other colours also.
Thank you mate, ill look into this and possible make an order soon. Ill keep you posted on the results.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by TRIARII
Thank you mate, ill look into this and possible make an order soon. Ill keep you posted on the results.

Just a mental note for you. LED's are strange 'animals' as they are pole sensitive. If you fit them and they don't light up take them out and rotate them 180 degrees as many are positive/negative sensitive. Whatever you do don't refit the dash panel/binnacle, A/C head, clock or whatever until you've checked them to see whether they are lighting up and working OK otherwise you'll be kicking yourself.