Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grom and DVD Player

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 01:36 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grom and DVD Player

I was hoping you could kindly help me, I have a Disco 2004 with factory mounted DVD Player and cd changer, I just ordered A Grom Bluetooth and its on its way! , I just realized I don't want to lose the DVD for my kids but would like to install the Grom audio, can I still do this and continue to have full functionality of the DVD player? What do I need to do? Can you give me some advice on how to accomplish my connection and the best way to don it, thank you for your time, any advice will help, thank you!

Old 11-15-2016, 10:07 AM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Mine has a DVD player and monitors in the back of the head rest but it does not connect to the radio. The DVD came with wireless headphones so mine does not connect with the Alpine unit. Bust be aware that the plugin harness is compatible with your unit, otherwise the controls on the steering wheel wont function. If your dvd is connected separately, then your fine.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you also get sound through regular speakers? Or only Bluetooth headsets? Do you have the mounted DVD player on the roof with screen too? Did You have the disc changer under your seat?

Old 11-15-2016, 06:52 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoAdan
Do you also get sound through regular speakers? Or only Bluetooth headsets? Do you have the mounted DVD player on the roof with screen too? Did You have the disc changer under your seat?
The DVD can go through the speakers through an FM transmitter installed. Im sure that the headsets uses FM frequency receiver from the DVD player which also you can purchase a similar transmitter online. The unit to can transmit FM signals to the regular car audio system which can be heard from the car speakers. The DVD player is mounted inside the glove compartment and goes to the monitors within the rear headrests. CD changer still installed but its old and skips on bumps. I replaced mine with a regular Kenwood receiver with optional harness to be controlled on the steering wheel. It has a BT receiver to so calls can be made handsfree comes with a microphone that can be mounted on the dash or steering column. Its shows the caller too. You can play Pandora or your iTunes favorites. Very simple installation plus a bit modern than the factory unit where you have to remember the codes if battery is disconnected for a long time. Also, it comes with a USB port. You can move all your mp3 files in a flash drive and run unlimited songs. I'll take some pictures tomorrow during the day.