Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gurgling noise under dash passenger side and now no heat

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gurgling noise under dash passenger side and now no heat

Hi i have a 2003 disco ,90000 miles and i have heard gurglingwater noise on my passenger side under the dash. it sounds like water leaking sometimes. this has been going on for a little while and today i have no heat.--any ideas? My wife tells me it has actually leaked water a few times, where could this be coming from---is my heat pump shot?--caleb

Old 10-07-2010, 01:15 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That gurgling sound indicates that there is air in your cooling system. Search for threads explaining how to properly "bleed" your cooling system.

Where is the water leaking from? Outside onto the ground? Inside onto the floorboards?

Old 10-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Mudding
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Where does it look like the water look like it is comming from? Have you ever replaced your head gaskets? Sounds like you have an exhaust gas leak that is in your cooling system which most likely is comming from a bad HG. Have you been checking your water levels? Has it got hot yet?

Last edited by 00&04 Disco; 10-07-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Three Wheeling
Default leak on floor board/ coolant is low

the throttle bodyhas a small square peice that has two hoses connected. this is leaking and has been replaced last year but still it has coolant crusted from the seal. couldthis be causing air in my system. the leak has happened about five times as it discharges water on the passneger floor board

Old 10-07-2010, 06:51 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by caleb
the throttle bodyhas a small square peice that has two hoses connected. this is leaking and has been replaced last year but still it has coolant crusted from the seal. couldthis be causing air in my system. the leak has happened about five times as it discharges water on the passneger floor board
That's your throttle body heater plate, it's very common to have a leak there (probably more than once). I doubt that's the source of the air getting into your system unless you have a substantial leak there, and it sounds like you don't.

If you are getting water on your floorboards it could also be your A/C drains. Either way it sounds like you've got air in the cooling system that you need to take care of....READ THIS------> https://landroverforums.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=23072

Are you having any overheating issues? How long has the "waterfall" sound been going on?

Last edited by yloDiscoII; 10-07-2010 at 06:53 PM. Reason: added link.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Three Wheeling
Default my waterfall

i guess it has been going on for about a few months. i never witnessed it , my wife is reporting the info. but it only happened a few times---no overheating problems to report. what about my heater not producing any heat?

Old 10-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

You are low on coolant, fill it up and find the coolant leak.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Drifting

In my Jeep Grand Cherokee it ended up being a faulty heater core. Do you get fogging on the windshield in defrost alongside the gurgling and wetness mainly on the passenger side?

Old 10-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Not knowing how mechanical you are, I would suggest you fill your coolant bottle, when cold, all the way to the cap, not the full mark, and then get it straight to your mechanic for a repair.
You may have 2 issues, plugged up a/c drain causing water to sometimes drip on the carpet when the a/c is being used and or a coolant leaking causing the noise, lack of heat and potential engine metal down from lack of coolant, so don't wait.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Three Wheeling

hi mike doyou think i could call you to talk about this more--caleb

Quick Reply: gurgling noise under dash passenger side and now no heat