Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 Hood Vent modification for D2!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Lol

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
def having something like mesh to keep stuff out.
Have you ever looked at putting on a side vent?

Here's one:

(Ignore the wheels)
Ignore the wheels....LOL I thought i had seen it all in Miami...A getto LR on a farm.... That take the cake.... I love when they forget there's a speed bump and everyones head hits the roof about breaking there neck's..... Whats it take to stop that thing?....... a block and a half.......

about the h2 hood vent, i think there is only a inch clearence from the hood to the intake.... I would opt for side vents...You would need some kind of scoop to push air up to the engine compartment to get a flow to move air out. Thats how nascar cars work in principle...

looking forward to see you cut up that hood though... I would suggest you getting one from a wreaker to experiment with before you bucher yours beyond repair...

I know a guys who has alot and could probably get it cheap....

Old 06-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm gonna do it...this week....i need some cutting wheels first though...

the thinnest part of the vent is 1/2 inch...i'd make the rest fit....plug i wont have the thermal blanket on the hood anymore also

Old 06-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Id say go for it. you got *****..

i just still dont like that your using a fake vent. first make sure you can vent it.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:52 PM
TReK

If you can restore the thing from a fire you can certainly add a vent!
TAKE PICS.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:01 AM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm gonna cut the vent up first and make it functional...then i'll pull the hood and measure with laser and chalk set and then cut....

Old 06-09-2010, 10:19 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 03discoman
i dont want a cheap looking vent.... that kinda stuff belongs on jeeps.....

i think i like this....do you guys think i should fill in the handle are with wire mesh and open it up for even more air flow
Where's the sky-hook supposed to attach if you take the handles off!?!

I like it, X2 on the hood blackout, painted, no need for you to buy a $90 decal just to hack it up. I vote YES for the wire mesh.

Now when you are cutting on the H2 "vent" making actual vents are you going to make some sort of trap or gutter system so water and pine needles, dirt, bird crap, etc, aren't dropping straight down onto the engine?

Old 06-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator
Received 104 Likes on 12 Posts

the Side vents cant work..... the location of the vent illustrated in that pic is BEHIND the fire wall... check it out.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:32 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by jycsalas
the Side vents cant work..... the location of the vent illustrated in that pic is BEHIND the fire wall... check it out.
HAHA you're right. Didn't even think about that when I first looked at it. Just for looks i guess...

Old 06-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Wow, I was just at www.hummer.com and the H2 comes with a 6.2L V8, who in the hell needs that big of a engine unless you are a contractor and you need to pull a heavy load with your 1-ton pick up every day of the week.
I mean seriously? Soccer mom needs 6.2L's of gas guzzling Republican oil embedded power?
The 454 cid is 6.6L, so that has to be what, around 400 cid?
No wonder GM went bankrupt.
Everything Hummer but the H1 for the military is absolutely ridiculous and a huge waste of space.

I do not like the vent.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default 2nd place

Originally Posted by Spike555
Wow, I was just at www.hummer.com and the H2 comes with a 6.2L V8, who in the hell needs that big of a engine unless you are a contractor and you need to pull a heavy load with your 1-ton pick up every day of the week.
I mean seriously? Soccer mom needs 6.2L's of gas guzzling Republican oil embedded power?
The 454 cid is 6.6L, so that has to be what, around 400 cid?
No wonder GM went bankrupt.
Everything Hummer but the H1 for the military is absolutely ridiculous and a huge waste of space.

I do not like the vent.
You got that right... I think they are in second place for idiots...running close to LR. I did see something a while ago while driving over to Naples once. I saw a really nice DII as close to a defender as possible..Lifted with every offroad accessory ..On the spare wheel cover read: "Hummer Recovery Vehicle".... I about drove off the road laughing....

Quick Reply: H2 Hood Vent modification for D2!!