Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

had one of those lightbulb moments tonight

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 10:55 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default had one of those lightbulb moments tonight

as i was walking out of the supermarket tonight i was walking through the parking lot looking at the vehicles parked. jeeps(new and old) suburbans and yukons, hondas and toyotas both cars and suv's.

then i see the side rear of my rover and i just stop and look at it from a distance under the lights i was parked under and thought to myself. DAMN THATS A BEAUTIFUL TRUCK.

i really do like these rigs an awful lot

cheers buttheads

joe

Old 03-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe
as i was walking out of the supermarket tonight i was walking through the parking lot looking at the vehicles parked. jeeps(new and old) suburbans and yukons, hondas and toyotas both cars and suv's.

then i see the side rear of my rover and i just stop and look at it from a distance under the lights i was parked under and thought to myself. DAMN THATS A BEAUTIFUL TRUCK.

i really do like these rigs an awful lot

cheers buttheads

joe
Yeah, your truck is a pretty little thing!

Old 03-29-2009, 11:14 PM
TReK

i used to have a 06 rubi and although i really dug that jeep, but when i was with the ex at the time she just bitched and moans about the ride and the (and i am not kidding here) the material of the seats grabbing her hair.

but it had its limitations and i could never roll into a nice place in nice clothes for business and feel like a mature business type. even though at the time i had not got to the job positions i am in now.

but the rover does everything i need it to do. it is timelessly gorgeous. has a terrific and swanky interior. is relatively quiet. goes down the road without rattling like a box of ball bearings. will tow my motorcycle trailer. and goes off road all i need it to.

the brits really did hit a homerun with these things.

i think the next rig will have to be a RR sport

Old 03-29-2009, 11:47 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I think you feel about yours the same way I feel about mine sloppy. Hell, mine is sitting there with paper towels stuffed in the intake ports, the the fuel rail ripped off, but I'm still proud to own it. I have poured my blood and my sweat into this Rover. I have pulled muscles, busted knuckles, and am probably going to lose my thumbnail due to the intake manifold. I look forward to the day I can drive this thing, and be able to look at the dashboard without seeing the entire spectrum of colors. The PO gave up on this Rover, but I never will.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:26 AM
TReK

im with you. people are shocked at the fact my rover is not brand new. they just look amazing and timeless.

i have done a good amount of work on my rig to get it up to what i feel my standard is.

but i am also not scared at all to take it off road and beat and muck it up. its a rover and i use it for what it is designed to do. but when i pick up a date i am also proud to appear as if i have my crap together and to show i have some taste.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:49 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe
im with you. people are shocked at the fact my rover is not brand new. they just look amazing and timeless.

i have done a good amount of work on my rig to get it up to what i feel my standard is.

but i am also not scared at all to take it off road and beat and muck it up. its a rover and i use it for what it is designed to do. but when i pick up a date i am also proud to appear as if i have my crap together and to show i have some taste.

Hey, I work in a Gas station, and people are amazed I drive a Rover, when it's been there, lol!

Old 03-30-2009, 01:01 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

If you don't take a Rover off-road what's the point in driving one. They suck on fuel mileage and they're extremely maintenance hungry. It's just a waste of money and a good truck to keep it on road. Even though I do take my truck off-road, even lifted, I feel perfectly comfortable driving it anywhere including fancy restaurants and church.

I bought my Rover as a second vehicle to leave in North Dakota when I was working up there. The guys I worked with couldn't believe I bought such a nice vehicle to just goof around with and off-road. They really couldn't believe how little I paid for the truck. Of course I've put at least the purchase price into repairs and upgrades on my Rover. Funny thing is my 97 Rover gets driven more than my 07 Dodge.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:11 AM
TReK

a gal i just started dating makes pretty good money as much as me and she was shocked that i would off road and take my rover off road.

she was like its such a pretty truck why would you beat it up???

and i say because it is a off road truck,, not a hoity toity truck. and she was shocked that i paid so little. people always think that i paid 50k for it, but i never say how little they are.

its a hungry lady, but then again so is every other vehicle i own

Old 03-30-2009, 08:37 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Disco's are timeless in their design, people even ask me what year mine is and they are shocked to here that it is 12 years old.
But it looks brand new, no rust or anything!
It's made from aluminum lady.
Really?
I have been wanting a LR since I was 12, my ex wife would never let me get one, I was close more than once, almost bought a brand new one in '96, all I had to do was sign the papers and driver her home.
She wouldnt let me.
Boy was she PISSED when she saw that I had bought one after the divorce was final.
She thought that it was brand new.
"Must be nice to afford car payments"
She was even more pissed when she found out that I paid cash for it.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:52 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

ha ha Spike that is funny!!! (I guess that also explains why she is your ex-wife?)
and Sloppy write a letter to Land Rover and tell them they need to hire you as there full time official US spokesman, if I didn't already own one your words would have made me want to buy one!
and I agree with you 100% on this, it is a great machine, inside and out, and I am very proud to drive it.

Quick Reply: had one of those lightbulb moments tonight