Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harman/Kardon Rear Door Tweeters

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Harman/Kardon Rear Door Tweeters

So I've been fooling around with this new Disco I bought and run accross a few issues:

1. SRS Light Is On. The dealer told me that the passenger window didn't work when he bought it. And while repairing the motor the tech didn't disconnect the battery so the air bag light came on. The CarFax was perfect so I believed him. He said that unhooking the battery for 30mins would reset the light, but I wanted to check with my people (you guys!) first.

2. I have the Harman/Kardon system in my truck, and the tweeters in the rear door dont work. I stripped the wire and hooked another tweeter to them and got sound. So my guess is the tweeters are blown. I wanted to see if anyone knows differnet or has some to sell me. RoverLand dosen't sell them and the only pair on ebay are scratched up.

3. The left sub in my rear door has completely separated from the frame. I'm also looking for a replacement sub. Not the whole unit(box,subs,amp), just the left sub. Roverland only sells the whole unit.

Thank you!
Jamie

Old 05-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts
Default RE: Harman/Kardon Rear Door Tweeters

The fact that someone unhooked the batterey is what caused the SRS light to come on and disconnecting it again isn't going to fix it. Have the dealer use a scanner to access the SRS system and clear the codes.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the tweeters, pull out the ones in there now and see what kind of mount they have. You can probably buy any tweeter as long as you can mount without cutting. madisound.com has some good auto tweeters. Same for the sub, any 6.5in woofer (no coax speaker) will work.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:09 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O.K The tweeter in the back are 1" tweeters.
what I did was buy Infinty 1" tweeters, I removed the old tweeters from the housings. I reused the capacitors that were soldered to the old tweets.and soldered them to thenew tweets. you just push them back insde the old housing add a little caulk to hold them in place. I suppose any good tweeter would work. But these work premo. The subwoofer you will need to replace them both at them same time. the foam gasket will rott off the other one right after you replace thepopped one. Partsesxpress is your best betfor a replacement speaker. look at 6.5 speakers stay away from the foam surrounds I prefer rubber surrounds.I just went through this. The tuff one, will be when you replace the 2.5" in the front doors. I got that one beat as well. It's my guess these are next. hope this helps
gTAGG. P.S If you have problems let me know.