Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hawkeye diagnostic tool

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 07:16 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

https://www.roverparts.com/nxt/?keywords=code+breaker

AB also sells a code breaker! Gotta get that to. Shame there is not a free PDF download copy available on this forum for the code breaker. Would be very useful to anyone with codes in the system. Wish the Hawkeye was cheaper though.... but ill just wait until April and use that to get it. Probably the best investment a owner can buy for their Rover.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRIARII
Just found a euro site that sells it but its specific to the TD5 Disco, not the petro. Could use it for abs and things like that I suppose but I prefer something programmed with our petrol Disco in mind, and according to AB our trucks are already programmed in so you can perform engine management stuff.
What site...look at what was posted by myself and jfall and it lists the Motrontics V8 Pack halfway down the page

Old 01-24-2013, 07:21 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by mongosd2
The Nanocom EVO is now being marketed and maintained by the same company that made the Rovacomm and can do more than the Hawkeye and is close in price

:: Nanocom ::

The D2 motronics v8 pack version is $475 US plus shipping
Yeah I was on the same site but missed the V8 pack. My bad lol. So this would suffice? I like the idea of a touchscreen version much better though. Even with the extra unlock code its still cheaper than the Hawkeye. Guess Ill take that route then Thanks for the tip.

PS: Another good thing about this forum: Helps members save the most $$$$ and get the most bang for their buck when buying new parts.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got a hawkeye on eBay for $400. Brand new, shipped from the UK. I was debating also between the nanocom and hawkeye. I decided the $100 more for the nanocom might be better spent somewhere else. In your case I would get the hawkeye and the UG. Just my $.02

Old 01-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

my hawkeye has done everything asked of it, an fairly easy to use.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:07 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:58 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by Spike555
You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.
Spike you know Ive always been ambitious on here and understand that I have every intention of keeping a 04 Disco for many many years to come. Eventually there will come a time where I need a good computer diagnostics tool, so might as well get it with my tax return and mark that off on my needed parts list. I dont have connections locally who can help me determine what codes I have, erase my codes or fix the abs system (not without paying money anyways).

Old 01-26-2013, 01:33 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I understand that, but your truck needs work correct?
The 3 Amigo's can wait, fix the check engine light, AutoZone can read the codes for you, you then post them on here and we help you.
Get that taken care of first.
Are your brakes fixed yet? No? Tax return.
Fluids and filters, those all changed yet? No? Tax return.
How are the tires? Alignment? Tax return.
Belt, hoses? Tax return.
You must get the truck in safe reliable condition before you buy the fun stuff.
Yes the Hawkeye or whatever would be a great tool to have, but you are putting the cart before the horse.
If you spend all of your tax return on a scanner to read codes but you cant afford to fix it and its to broke to drive it what the hell good does that scanner do you?

Old 01-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had a Nanocom Evo for about six months now. A smart investment.
You can use it to program everything that can be programmed. It can talk to every ecu in your rig. I've programmed my security settings, keys, suspension, check SLABS faults, reset 3 amigos, talked to the transmission ecu to check faults, watched each cylinder for rough running... you can do everything you'd normally have to take to a dealer to do. With all the programming I've done, my nano evo has payed for itself (if I had the dealer do it etc). I highly recommend it.
Two things could be better though, temps are in celsius (no biggy celcius x 2.12 = F), and though there is plenty of support info about how to use the nano etc, and there is some basic info about the types of values data you should expect etc, if you are not already a Land Rover mechanic, you will need to self educate in able to interpret and use some of the data (cylinder rough running values, timing advance values, etc etc).

I don't have any experience with the hawkeye so I can't compare.
Again I highly recommend the nanocom evolution. money well spent.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:20 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh almost forgot.. you can test and bleed your slabs system as well. very handy.

Quick Reply: Hawkeye diagnostic tool