Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header Help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2020, 07:24 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header Help?

I'll try this again over here.
I know this has been talked about already.
A LOT!!
I have been researching this. A LOT.
My disco 2 is my Cabo San Lucas car.
Drove it down almost five years ago.
The roads (or lack thereof) can be really rough on vehicles, and it is showing .
Damaged rear bumper. Stress cracks all over my roof rack. Every dash idiot light lit up.
But the big one. Exhaust collector separated from the exhaust manifold. I have welded it back together, but fear this part has ultimately given up the ghost. I will be driving it back to my shop in Oregon as soon as this pandemic crisis allows, and will be addressing all of these issues. I am also looking at trying to use some progressive rate rock crawler coil springs from a vintage bronco that I have on the shelf to see how, and if, those will workout (currently have a set of dodge pickup springs in).
what I am trying to confirm is what headers will fit with a left hand drive D2. All of the info I have found is a bit vague on this. Lots of RH drive info.
I am looking at the headman headers that everyone talks of. Just can't find a confirmation on LH drive compatibility. Will be deleting the cats. Using 2.5" tube and a 2 into 1 turbo style muffler.
Any help with header info, and thoughts on this exhaust plan would be appreciated.
Also. Is there a performance re programmer for the computers in these? Maybe bump up the air/fuel curve? I know the heads don't breath well without work. It would just be nice to try and get a little more out of it.
Thanks in advance.

Edit Quote Multi