Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlights Stolen on Discovery 2 facelift model

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011 | 05:10 PM
|
1st Gear
Default Headlights Stolen on Discovery 2 facelift model

I have just had both my full headlight units stolen on my 2004 Discovery Facelift version. They did not pop the bonnet it, the only damge is some broken clips on the screws that are used to fit the units.

Does anyone out there know of anyway to prevent thefts of this nature, i have looked at the light guards, will these work?

Any advice appreciated

Old 05-20-2011 | 05:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default nope

Not really, as they can just unscrew them or rip them both out together...

Thats weird as most people in the getto or trailer park don't drive discoveries... I can give you hint though...

If you see someone driving a discovery with 22's on it and he is wearing socks with sandals.. you found your lights....

Old 05-20-2011 | 05:39 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Talking

Nice reply Chris. I feel your pain, I would be mad that they took the lights and left the rest of the truck! Why don't they ever take the engines and leave the rest of the truck. Next time try leaving the keys in the ignition. Really, I make light, but sorry about the lights. I hate theives. Phil

Last edited by ljdiscovery; 05-20-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-21-2011 | 06:33 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by vandev
Not really, as they can just unscrew them or rip them both out together...

Thats weird as most people in the getto or trailer park don't drive discoveries... I can give you hint though...

If you see someone driving a discovery with 22's on it and he is wearing socks with sandals.. you found your lights....
The irony of this is I live in a park. The Disco was the cheapest thing I could find to haul my family. But there are 3 new MB R class cars in my park too.

Old 05-21-2011 | 08:33 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default sorry

Originally Posted by d2luvr
The irony of this is I live in a park. The Disco was the cheapest thing I could find to haul my family. But there are 3 new MB R class cars in my park too.
Sorry , no pun intended.....you must have know what type of park i was talking about...we have a lot of nice ones here in florida.....just stay away from the ones they play banjo's on the front porch....

Old 05-21-2011 | 09:05 AM
Rock Crawling

No offense taken - it is what it is. I freaked out when I found out how easy they are to remove for the same reason.

Old 05-21-2011 | 09:22 AM
Rock Crawling

I wear socks and sandals sometimes. What's wrong with that? (I don't have your lights either though!)

Old 05-21-2011 | 11:17 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by ceorp
I have just had both my full headlight units stolen on my 2004 Discovery Facelift version. They did not pop the bonnet it, the only damge is some broken clips on the screws that are used to fit the units.

Does anyone out there know of anyway to prevent thefts of this nature, i have looked at the light guards, will these work?

Any advice appreciated
More than likely they were stolen to be re-sold.

Check your local classifieds, craigslist, ebay and selling/auction type media. Sorry, man - that sucks!

Old 05-21-2011 | 11:31 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by ljdiscovery
...i would be mad that they took the lights and left the rest of the truck! Why don't they ever take the engines and leave the rest of the truck. Next time try leaving the keys in the ignition...phil
lol..that's funny!

Old 05-21-2011 | 11:38 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default whats wrong?

Originally Posted by bikingteacher
I wear socks and sandals sometimes. What's wrong with that? (I don't have your lights either though!)

LOL....good one..
I guess nothing really unless you are a german tourist or spent time in prision... I live in florida and i have to say it looks ridiculass...

Quick Reply: Headlights Stolen on Discovery 2 facelift model