Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello, my name is Tom and I have an addiction

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 08:36 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Hello, my name is Tom and I have an addiction

I am addicted to Land Rovers. If I'm not on here or one of the 4 other Rover forums I am talking about Rovers or watching for Rovers as I drive down the road. I'm pretty sure I bore my family and friends to tears talking about Rovers.

I've also developed an addiction to forums since I bought my Rover. I never even looked at forums before I started looking for Rover information and now I am on 5 Rover forums, a Dodge forum, and a CB radio forum.

I think I need to seek help.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery Tom.

But to recover, you will need to give up your Land Rover.

Good luck!

LOL

Old 04-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When Rovering interferes with your life it can be problematic. But, when life interferes with Rovering it is unacceptable! LOL

I feel your pain, I may even be worse than most with my forum addiction. I don't always post, but I am always around and reading non-stop! Having a computer with an internet connection is essential to my work; I've actually got Firefox set up for all of my personal browsing (Rover/eBay/Craigslist stuff) and I use IE for all of my work. Got to love tabbed browsing!

My wife was initially resistant, now she's interested in a Disco of her own... And my sons LOVE Land Rovers, they point out every one we see while driving!

Old 04-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AK Rover
I am addicted to Land Rovers. If I'm not on here or one of the 4 other Rover forums I am talking about Rovers or watching for Rovers as I drive down the road. I'm pretty sure I bore my family and friends to tears talking about Rovers.

I've also developed an addiction to forums since I bought my Rover. I never even looked at forums before I started looking for Rover information and now I am on 5 Rover forums, a Dodge forum, and a CB radio forum.

I think I need to seek help.
There is a solution..

Do you like Guns??
Tactics??
Teamwork??

Then there are some more forums you can enjoy, as well as the best Video Game ever..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC8XupyFJY4

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...t-reality-mod/

www.realtiymod.com

Old 04-30-2009, 09:37 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm trying to figure out how to work a deal to get rid of my 2007 Dodge for an LR3. That's going to be high on my priority list as soon as I get back to work, which I expect any day now. I think it's just another symptom of my sickness. I can't say life is interfering with Rovering but lack of a job certainly isn't helping.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Four Rover forums, three Dodge forums and one Harley forum....I brought some coffee and donuts?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I'm so obsessed with rovers, one of my friends who has a (much less intense) thing for Lancer Evo's even has started to learn about Rovers just from being around me. I stare at every Disco I see driving around just at how good it looks. I've seen 3 Defenders driving around on roads and still remember the license plate on all of them. <3 Rovers.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Tom.... My name is Jay and I too am a roverholic. I'm on step 8 where I am apologizing to my past cars for the neglect I didn't even realize was happening and to problems my landy lust has caused to my families well being. I hit rock bottom one day in a parking lot... before I new it I was under someone elses car, looking at their sliders. When I came to there were people all around, and me, on the ground in a puddle of oil and vomit. That was when it hit me... I have a problem.*

*I can't back any of this up...

Old 05-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Rock Crawling

But people....! Come to your senses! The only road to Recovery can be taken in a Rover... Nothing else can pull you out of the deep hole you are stuck in! Even real Explorers will someday have to be recovered by Rovers. On the way we will pass Durango, Tahoe and certainly Denali. We will Cruise past lots of Land and lend a helping hand to a lone Cherokee.

I guess I am not at step 1 yet...

Old 05-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator
Received 104 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by salve7
Hi Tom.... My name is Jay and I too am a roverholic. I'm on step 8 where I am apologizing to my past cars for the neglect I didn't even realize was happening and to problems my landy lust has caused to my families well being. I hit rock bottom one day in a parking lot... before I new it I was under someone elses car, looking at their sliders. When I came to there were people all around, and me, on the ground in a puddle of oil and vomit. That was when it hit me... I have a problem.*

*I can't back any of this up...
That's so funny!

I get home everyday from work, quickly change into "proper clothing" and go back outside to tinker with the rover in hopes of getting back inside before the gf arrives.... too often i lose track of time and the gf catches me in the act... i'm either laying under the disco or under the hood.

Quick Reply: Hello, my name is Tom and I have an addiction