Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hells Bells all kinda stuff

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 07:09 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
its not active because he re-scanned and re-started the truck.
So anytime you use it go inside and read it before you start the truck? I guess now I know.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

every time you plug the amigo in. how many times did you plug it in?

Old 11-19-2010, 12:12 PM
Mudding

every time you plug the amigo in. how many times did you plug it in?
I had to use it three times. Each time a light cleared. Until all three where gone.

So plugged it in. Let it do its thing. Was going to go in and read it but thought I woudl start the truck to see how a dash looks with no christmas lights. Noticed that I was down to two. Repeated process until all three were gone.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:12 PM
Mudding

So far today I have driven around 30 miles. No Amigos yet.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:00 PM

if they didnt come back on then you need to replace the hub. one last thing did you check the connection of the sensor to the harness to make sure its clean and tight? if so then on to the next step. the hub comes with the sensor built into it. depending on how much you drive it or how rich you are will help you make your next decision. new hubs are $400, obviously will last you a long time. a used hub from someone like Will Tillery will cost you around $80 and not last as long. For someone like me who uses my truck as a trail rig and not my DD i go with a used....

Old 11-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Mudding

if they didnt come back on then you need to replace the hub. one last thing did you check the connection of the sensor to the harness to make sure its clean and tight? if so then on to the next step. the hub comes with the sensor built into it. depending on how much you drive it or how rich you are will help you make your next decision. new hubs are $400, obviously will last you a long time. a used hub from someone like Will Tillery will cost you around $80 and not last as long. For someone like me who uses my truck as a trail rig and not my DD i go with a used....
So if the hub is bad around how long until the amigos come back? Since the original issue started shortly after a pad and rotor install I was kind of hoping it was not a bad hub but maybe some early squell issues. I am not sure it was big enough of an issue but maybe just wishful thinking???

Old 11-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah I'd agree, though given your recent Amigo free driving, it may not be bad quite yet. I'd keep running it until you get the Amigos again, during which time you could save up/look around for a new hub.

Definitely want to continuity test your sensors just for the fun of it.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:17 PM

honestly if i were you i wouldnt order anything until they came back on. when it does come back on i would read them again and if you are getting the same sensor error i would buy a used hub. then again my rig is not my DD

Old 11-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Mudding

honestly if i were you i wouldnt order anything until they came back on. when it does come back on i would read them again and if you are getting the same sensor error i would buy a used hub. then again my rig is not my DD
I put a fair amount of miles on this truck so when and if I determin the hub is bad then I will probably put in a new hub. But I will let time and economics settle that.

Thanks to everyone for the responses. Now that the issue is at least put on hold and I can reasonably assuem to get out of park I will get back to the coolant leak. I was unable to determin where the leak was at so far I suppose I need either a scope of just have the local mecahnic take a look. I was told they woudl do the check for an hours labor so that might be an option because I cannot see the leak.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, that's probably a good idea. It would be even better if an independent Rover shop could diagnose it for you...sometimes I don't trust the local mechanics with Rovers. Bottom line you just have to trust the guys you ask to give you a diagnosis.

Quick Reply: Hells Bells all kinda stuff