Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help on this...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009 | 03:41 PM
Administrator

Anne,
Just go to an exhaust shop, any of them will have the necessary parts to fix you right up for just a few bucks. Then have them check the rest, just to make sure.

Old 03-26-2009 | 05:05 PM
Team Owner

Annie here is what you do, drive to any muffler shop of your choice, find the ugliest guy there.
Walk up to him and bat your eyelashes and say "excuse me sir, but I really need your help, the guys at the oil change place said that I was missing a bolt, can you PLEASE help me, I am totally lost"
Works every time.
Flirt with the guy who still lives with his mom and you will be back on the road for next to free if not free.
Then bring him brownies the next day and you will have a exhaust guy at your beckon call for as long as you need.
If they do want to charge you you are looking at maybe $20 for parts and labor.

Old 03-26-2009 | 08:38 PM
Camel Trophy

a bolt is a stud with the nut fastened to the top. You need a stud and a nut.

Old 03-26-2009 | 09:16 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Spike555
Annie here is what you do, drive to any muffler shop of your choice, find the ugliest guy there.
Walk up to him and bat your eyelashes and say "excuse me sir, but I really need your help, the guys at the oil change place said that I was missing a bolt, can you PLEASE help me, I am totally lost"
Works every time.
Flirt with the guy who still lives with his mom and you will be back on the road for next to free if not free.
Then bring him brownies the next day and you will have a exhaust guy at your beckon call for as long as you need.
If they do want to charge you you are looking at maybe $20 for parts and labor.
I take it you have a lot of experience flirting with guys to get what you want Spike. Do you promise to let him see your moobs?

Old 03-26-2009 | 09:22 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by AK Rover
I take it you have a lot of experience flirting with guys to get what you want Spike. Do you promise to let him see your moobs?
Yes, yes I do. I have found that it is the best way to get what you want.
And it works EVERY time.

Old 03-27-2009 | 12:53 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by AK Rover
It appears Spike specifically looks for the um not quit handsome fellers too. Is that critical for the plan to work?

Old 03-27-2009 | 01:20 PM
TReK

or do what i do,,,

hold the place up at gun point

Old 03-27-2009 | 02:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle

just wanted to throw a little side note as having dealt with the dealership in Scottsdale, the guys at the parts counter are pretty good (at least the ones I have dealt with) I do my own work so I cant comment on the service, the prices are outrages (but it is Scottsdale, a stealership, and sometimes you don't have much of a choice!) But with the exception of how they might treat you different as a lady, the parts guys to me were VERY polite,knowledgeable and friendly.

Old 03-27-2009 | 07:47 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Night Train
It appears Spike specifically looks for the um not quit handsome fellers too. Is that critical for the plan to work?
Fat ugly guys LOVE attention from pretty young women, its just the way the world works and the sooner you learn how to use that to your advantage the easier life will be.
When I was a delivery driver for a grocery distributor I used to "butter up" the fat lonely store managers and I could get almost anything I wanted, free lunch, pop, donuts, Playboys, Penthouse, Barely Legal, got to park right in front of the door, you name it.
All for treating the woman better than her husband did for 30 min once a week.
Lonely people love attention from attractive people, that is what Annie needs to do to get her truck fixed, no date, just flirt.
And remember that every one is beautiful on the inside.

Old 05-20-2009 | 02:18 PM
|
Mudding

Just wanted to update everyone. It took me a month and a half to save up my $2000. I shopped around for a mechanic and most wouldn't touch my truck (even to run pressure tests!!!!).

Luckily I found a mechanic that works on all the fancy pants cars in Sedona. He works on Range Rovers. They should get it in the shop today. I had Irma towed last Friday. I had to close my eyes when the truck driver turned corners...the flat bed was so top heavy it swayed like crazy!!!

Anyway, as Irma was being lifted onto the flat bed, all the coolant that had pooled drained out and down the bed of the tow truck.

Head gaskets (if it is head gaskets) are $1000 plus parts at this shop. In Flagstaff (indy LR mechanic) he quoted me at $2700!!!! Rover Techs down south quoted around $1500.

Hopefully I've found a fantastic dude who can hook Irma up in events like this...

Quick Reply: Help on this...