Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 01:46 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!

Okay so some of you have probly seen that I just acquired a 02 disco 2. So when i diagnosed the car I believed at the time that it had a immobilizer issue due to the fact that it would crank fine but I had no fuel or spark just crank so Charlie was nice enough to send me out an ecu/bcu out of his 03 that he parted out so i changed out mine for his and now I have no crank what so ever and the alarm light flashes stating that immobilizer is activated which is something that my old setup never did. So now I'm really confused , did I have an immobilizer issue in the first place? I'm new to working on these. Had this been a Vw Audi bmw I'd know what I was doing for sure lol

Old 08-19-2015, 01:50 PM
Mudding
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Did you check the crank shaft position sensor first?

Steve

Old 08-19-2015, 01:56 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by BackInA88
Did you check the crank shaft position sensor first?

Steve
no I didn't however shouldn't The fuel pump prime wether the sensor is bad or not?

Old 08-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Mudding
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Nope

Steve

Old 08-19-2015, 02:15 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by BackInA88
Nope

Steve
really? Alrighty then. I'll try a cps

Old 08-19-2015, 03:23 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by Germanwerks
really? Alrighty then. I'll try a cps
By alarm light flashes do you mean the red LED? It does that whenever there has been an alarm event while the truck was off, but doesn't necessarily trigger immobilization. It goes away when you start it up.

Well darn, I just started another thread asking for emergency help on this and then noticed yours.

When I took that ECU/BCU off, I put the key at position two then disconnected the battery... and I drove it to its final resting place before that... so I don't know why it is immobilized. I was really careful with it because, at the time, I thought I was going to be using those computers (because I didn't yet know how to get rid of SAI on my new engine).

I saw it suggested elsewhere to disconnect the battery, put the key in position II, then reconnect the battery. That worked for me once when my alarm was going crazy.

ALSO, if it is turning over and not seeming to get any gas, hit the inertial switch on the passenger side firewall... just press it. When I swapped my engine I had to do that and it started right up once fuel reached the front.

And check the Crank Position Sensor...

When I had a slight crack in my fuel pump I would hear it prime or build up pressure at the first start of the day. The trouble is that to get to the fuel pump you either have to cut the carpet or spend a couple of hours removing everything that holds the carpet down.

Charlie V

Last edited by Charlie_V; 08-19-2015 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:34 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Wait he said no crank whatsoever.

Check that big black button on the passenger side firewall. Press the top. If it clicks that was it. There may be multiple things going on.

By no crank if you mean the starter isn't turning that's something other than imobilizer, I believe.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:47 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie_V
Check that big black button on the passenger side firewall.
You beat me to it; I was going to suggest the inertia switch. Only thing is he said he's getting no spark which I think the inertia switch only cuts off fuel flow.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:52 PM
Drifting

I didn't have no crank meaning the starter wasn't activating as it was before I did the ecu/bcu swap

Old 08-19-2015, 06:54 PM
Drifting

It's just weird that the fuel pump won't prime if the cps doesnt work every car I've ever worked on the fuel would prime regardless. Damn lr, lol

Quick Reply: Help!!!!