Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with ACE

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2022, 05:23 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with ACE

Good afternoon guys,
I’m reaching out to see if someone could perhaps help me out.

I have a problem with the ACE that it’s bugging me and I have no clue what it could be.
I have a high pressure hose been made by a Land Rover shop (my truck had a single line running from the pump all the way to the rear so they put a coupling on the passenger side wheel well) I also installed a new ACE pump, new fluid and filter.

After all the changes everything was running great, but within a day of driving, the ACE pump started to make a very loud whining noise, from the inside of the truck was way more noticeable that from the outside. (Noise was coming from the front right, passenger side)

I took the truck to a Land Rover specialized shop for diagnosis, and they told me the problem was the pump. They also say they found some brass derbies on the filter (I assume it came from the coupling the previous shop did but they didn’t thought the brass passed the filter) I anyways went ahead and change the filter again.

I told them the pump was new and it was very unlikely something was wrong with it but they insisted that some pumps came bad and I probably just got unlucky.

So I went ahead and ordered a second pump, I changed it and drove that day and everything was good again.

The next morning when I started the car the same loud noise was back, I’m totally lost at this point what could it be. I would appreciate greatly any advice or tip anyone could give me about what you think I should do.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Nic0

Old 02-25-2022, 09:42 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My ace system went bad with a massive leak and it was malfunctioning. I just got a non ACE belt and it works perfectly fine now. The car has a system that will make the anti roll bars lock full with ace fluid and act like a normal anti roll bar if it senses a problem. It does make a warning light come on but as long as it is amber and not red you are fine

I hope this helps!

Old 02-25-2022, 10:46 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you TyTyBinks,
I’m currently also running the truck with a short belt, but I would like to get the ACE up and running as it was before I made the line.
Appreciate the advice thou.

The following users liked this post:
TyTyBinks (02-25-2022)