Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! Air Suspension.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! Air Suspension.

01 Disco w/107k. Air compressor not working so it'slaying on the bump stops. Does anyone know if i can temporarily air the bags and where the compressor is located? Thanks!

Old 02-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Mudding
Default RE: HELP!!! Air Suspension.

I have A 99 DISCO ll, my compressor is loscated on the drivers side , almost right under where your seat is, look right under the car at that place and you will see a black box with the compressor in it.
Mine did the same thing, it was the compressor, it was replaced (aftermarket compressor) worked fine..I do not know if you can pump up the bags without the compressor working.

Thanks,

Ralph

www.ralphduke.com

Old 02-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Mudding

This is a VERY common problem. Give this link a click. Should get you going in the right direction: http://www.LandRoverForums.com/m_53613/tm.htm

Old 02-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Call me and I'll walk you thru what to check.
Colorado before 8 pm
303-862-7680

Old 02-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Drifting

This happened to me today for the first time. The back-end of my DISCO dropped and it wouldn't rise. I restarted the car a few times and still, nothing. I was forced to drive with the back-end down in order to goto an appointment. When I came out, the back-end was still down. I drove to the hotel, about 15 minutes, got out and noticed that the back-end was now up. Before getting out of the car, I was planning to go indoors and call the LR dealer to setup an appt.

This experience freaked me out because I am in Detroit, about 400 miles from home. I called Disco Mike (awesome guy BTW) and he put my mind to ease.

Last night the temp was in negative territory and perhaps the cold and a glitch caused the failure. Should it happen again, I will take it in. For now, I will pray that I get home and that it never happens again.

Scott from Chicago

Old 02-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Overlanding

Thanks for the info....I have found that the compressor is faulty and needs replacement. Dealer wants $650....Appreciate any help on where I can find an aftermarket pump...Thanks!

Old 02-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

http://roverconnection.com/
You can fix the problem until the end of time buy converting to springs.That is what 90% of people do.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:11 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: GCS1

Thanks for the info....I have found that the compressor is faulty and needs replacement. Dealer wants $650....Appreciate any help on where I can find an aftermarket pump...Thanks!
If you took it to the dealer, and they are telling you that you need a new compressor, I would ask how they tested it because haft the time theydon't have a clue.
Should have called me when I suggested, could have saved you alot of time and money.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Drifting

Since my issue continued, and since I was out of town and 400 miles from home, I too needed to go to the dealer. My issue was a rip in one of the air bladders. They fixed it under my extended warranty and away I went.

For what is it worth, the Land Rover dealership in Farmington Hills, MI was excellent. Their tech and service people were friendly and professional and I never felt cheated (which I always feel when I am at the dealer). They really came through for me in my time of great need.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: GCS1

There is no such thing as an after market SLS control unit but there are plenty of used ones out there you can buy and save money on, call Tom at http://www.roverlandparts.com/

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Air Suspension.