Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help finding a picture

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009 | 12:23 PM
|
Rock Crawling
Default Help finding a picture

OK, my plan for my truck is to eventually paint the roof white over the factory Oslo Blue. I know I'm not the first one to want to do this, so I'm wondering if you guys and gals can help me find a picture of a truck that has already been painted this way so I can show my painter and my wife, so he won't screw up the job, and she'll have an idea what it'll look like before it's done.

Old 11-21-2009 | 12:28 PM
TReK
Old 11-21-2009 | 01:25 PM
|
Rock Crawling

That's real funny. I am trying to find pictures of a Disco that has been painted this way. I know somebody out there has one. I have seen pictures of it before, just can't recall where.

Old 11-21-2009 | 01:30 PM
Rock Crawling

Now dat dere is some funny stuff Nitetrain!!! ROFLMFAO.

Old 11-21-2009 | 02:07 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Can I ask why tho ?

Old 11-21-2009 | 03:27 PM
|
Rock Crawling

Well, for one, I think it would help with keeping the truck cool during the summer time, and for two, it would just look cool. I'm kinda looking to emulate the old series trucks with the fiberglass safari tops.

Old 11-21-2009 | 11:50 PM
TReK

not sure how much it would help with cooling..half the roof is glass (assuming you have dual sun roofs)..but i suppose it would help some

Old 11-22-2009 | 12:31 AM
Pro Wrench

That was hilarious NiteTrain!

Old 11-22-2009 | 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by NiteTrain

ROFLcopter!?!?!?!?

as for the white roof...surely you can spend that money elsewhere on the truck to something more effective. i would need two winches, 4 recovery points, 3 inch lift, some BAT (big @$$ tires) roof rack, hella HID's on ARB bumper and roof, snorkel, under-body protection, and seats re-lined before i even thought twice about painting anything. thats just me though.

Old 11-22-2009 | 08:26 AM
|
Rock Crawling

Well, here's the deal, I either need to get the roof painted, or get some touchup paint and try to fix it myself, which is probably gonna look like a blind monkey painted it with his tail. Here's pic so you can see my issue.
I-75 Carnage
If you look at the top of the pic, along the roof line just above the windscreen, you'll see what I'm talking about. There's a pretty large place where the paint has been knocked completely down to bare metal. It was there when I bought the truck, but I got a stupid deal on the truck. It has started to rust over the past few months, so now looks like a good time to get it painted. I've gotta pay a painter to paint some trim to fix my bumper anyways, so maybe he'll cut me a deal on doing the roof at the same time. Believe me, I wouldn't just drop money on getting the roof painted if I didn't need it. And, I will be installing this bumper to replace the factory bumper.
Disco II ARB bumper
It's gonna cost me $100 all told to get the passenger side lower headlight trim painted as well as the outer wings of the bumper, to kinda match the style of the factory bumper. Maybe my painter can just tape off the area immediately around the bad spot on the roof and fix that while he's got the same color in the gun already anyways. I don't know much about automotive painting, so I don't know.

Last edited by Rover Curious; 11-22-2009 at 08:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Help finding a picture