Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Help! My precious Disco has turned into a beast in the past week!! Any suggestions ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007 | 05:31 PM
Camel Trophy
Default RE: Help! Help! My precious Disco has turned into a beast in the past week!! Any suggestions ??

Try to find someone that specializes in Rovers. Most shops can do the pressure test, but if it fails, have someone work on it that is familiar with rovers. I tend to expect the worst, so I am happy when less is found.

When you have a leaking head gasket, it could go anywhere. In the cylinder (rough running), in the oil (milky oil), or just outside the engine. I know the D2's have an issue with the intake manifold and the lines running there. Rover made a kit to fix it. Not sure if this problem actually makes it into the manifold, but that could cause rough idle problems.

Let us know what you find. If you need a good indy rover shop where you are, let us know. Someone might know of one.

Old 04-26-2007 | 06:40 PM
|
Drifting
Default RE: Help! Help! My precious Disco has turned into a beast in the past week!! Any suggestions ??

ok...just got back from having the rover pressure tested....they said no leak detected when pressure tested...looks like head gaskets are damp...valve cover is leaking a little....and then went on to tell me that i probably do need a new head gasket, but I would be ok for a couple of months???? Now what should I do???? Please help

Old 04-26-2007 | 06:46 PM
Camel Trophy

When you say damp... does it look like oil (black), or is there green liquid on them?

Do you know of any Rover shops in your area (besides the dealer....)?

Old 04-26-2007 | 06:54 PM
|
Drifting

Just called them to ask....he said more like a black oil.....no, unfortunately, I don't know of any rover shops...just the dealership.....