Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP, I NEED A MECHANIC NEAR FT. BENNING, GA....

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 01:31 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP, I NEED A MECHANIC NEAR FT. BENNING, GA....

WEll, iam stranded down here at Ft. Benning, Ga. , i just got off my 3rd tour from Iraq, and iam down here going through the medical process, and my 1994 Land Rover Discovery has quit on me, and i need a good reputable Mechanic for it, does anyone know of any around the Columbus, Ga. area, if so, please let me know.

And i have to say something here also, iam being treated like **** by the doctors here, they call majority of the soldiers here liars, they do thier best to disprove that thier is anything wrong with us, just so that they dont have to pay us any type of disability, i blew my hearing out in Iraq, wearing a hearing aide now.
You would think with Walter Reed and all, they would treat us with a little respect, but they dont.

I could tell you stories of the **** that happens here, that would really **** you off, the way they treat returning soldiers coming home from the War. Just my rambling thoughts.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW ON THE MECHANIC, SO THAT HOPEFULLY WHEN I CLEAR MEDICAL I CAN GO HOME..

thank you
Brian
419-612-6910
brian.moore17@us.army.mil

Old 03-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: HELP, I NEED A MECHANIC NEAR FT. BENNING, GA....

I worked on the automated fuel systems down there. It has been a couple of years, so I am trying to remember their names. The guy in charge is Ed. He is a jerk, just ask to see one of the following guys. There is an older guy named Jack, he loves the races, and might know a good mechanic. There is a black guy named Ray that knows everyone on base( might be retired), and a younger guy named Mark. They all three are nice guys and know the area. If you go down and ask for one of them, I am sure one of them would know a mechanic that could help you out.

They are located in the building by the four large fuel tanks. It is where they fill the trucks to fuel the planes and helos.

Tell them Jason with AFS sent you.

Good luck.