Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with travel of fox shocks

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 05:12 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with travel of fox shocks

I have a land rover discovery II with 4 inch terrafirma lift i was wondering what the best fox shock travel would be for my vehicle? Would coilovers be an option in this scenario?

Old 02-21-2017, 06:49 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Anson Cone
I have a land rover discovery II with 4 inch terrafirma lift i was wondering what the best fox shock travel would be for my vehicle? Would coilovers be an option in this scenario?
they would be a pia. If you are looking for a factory fit, look at lucky8 and call or email them. I know the fox shocks they have are great for a 3 inch lift but not sure about a 4 inch. If you are open to other options, call Great Basin rovers. They do the blistein and can set you up with remote resivior or something heavier if you want. I would say coilover shocks would be overkill period unless you have medium duty springs and keep it fully laden but that's just my opinion. I'm sure the others will chirp in with some good advice also

Old 02-21-2017, 06:54 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
they would be a pia. If you are looking for a factory fit, look at lucky8 and call or email them. I know the fox shocks they have are great for a 3 inch lift but not sure about a 4 inch. If you are open to other options, call Great Basin rovers. They do the blistein and can set you up with remote resivior or something heavier if you want. I would say coilover shocks would be overkill period unless you have medium duty springs and keep it fully laden but that's just my opinion. I'm sure the others will chirp in with some good advice also
thanks for your help i was also looking at f-o-a shocks and bilsteins. Do you have bilsteins? If so do you like then?

Old 02-21-2017, 08:10 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have FOX shocks in 3 inch and they are exceptional. They can custom manufacturer anything, just call them up.

Old 02-22-2017, 10:42 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Faulk
I have FOX shocks in 3 inch and they are exceptional. They can custom manufacturer anything, just call them up.
What was the travel that you went with on the 3 inch setup. i was planning on ordering from lucky 8

Old 02-22-2017, 11:00 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

You need to whip out the old tape measure and pencil whip the numbers. All of the compressed and extended lengths for FOX shocks is on their website.
Measure from upper mount to lower mount while your truck is sitting level, that's your shock length at rest. Let's say its 25". An 11" shock has the following specs: Ext.Length:28.10" & Col.Length:17.10"
That means you'll get about 3" of downtravel and 8" of uptravel.
So see where you're at and figure out how much uptravel and downtravel you want and buy the right length shock.