Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here are pictures of aftermarket headlights and fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 06:37 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by discohue
Torancis that is one sweet looking set of lights. 5900K for the hi/lo beams? I'm not sure how the kelvin scale works... I know it's about the color temperature. But from what I've seen on different websites and for different products, which color = what K rating differs.

Are your lights pure white or kind of blueish (looks really white and awesome on the photos!)
They are actually much brighter than the pics. Maybe I'll update with some night shots. The color is white with a hint of blue.

I was going for a more pure white like the Sylvania SilverStar but they were too much and burnt quickly. So I went with the 5900k's on ebay for $9 +shipping. Not bad at all.

Old 08-16-2009, 02:24 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a deal! How about the PIAA Xtreme White? Friends say they're the whitest. But if they burn quckly too, then maybe I should go to ebay too

Are the yellow/amber fogs better than white ones?

Old 08-16-2009, 07:40 AM
KBW
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not to hijack the thread but I was pulled over for my lights being "too blue" last night/this morning (4am). Officer just wanted to check and see if I painted the bulb haha. I had never heard of that but apparently some ricer kids with their pos hondas and other imports will paint their bulbs to get the blue hues. Also in some states or areas too blue of lights are deemed illegal. Mine are just 9 or 10 thousand K HID conversions hi/low/fogs. Had my lows and fogs running and didn't think about it but they do look extremely blue when both on.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KBW
not to hijack the thread but I was pulled over for my lights being "too blue" last night/this morning (4am). Officer just wanted to check and see if I painted the bulb haha. I had never heard of that but apparently some ricer kids with their pos hondas and other imports will paint their bulbs to get the blue hues. Also in some states or areas too blue of lights are deemed illegal. Mine are just 9 or 10 thousand K HID conversions hi/low/fogs. Had my lows and fogs running and didn't think about it but they do look extremely blue when both on.
Yeah, cops are funny about blue lights... LOL They're the same way about red ones! I knew a guy with an Acura Integra that he had all hot-rodded out and he thought it would be clever to replace all of his amber lenses with red lenses- needless to say, the local Police were not the least bit amused.