Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here she is!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Here she is!

Well I promised on that other forum that i'd post pictures once my recently bought truck was running properly. It's now time to deliver on that promise...after I get you all up to date on my "adventuring" in mechanic land!

(sorry for wall-o-text)
Ok so I bought a 2000 D2 with 106k on the clock and engine issues 2 weeks ago. It came with 5 brand new tires, was in mint condition minus the engine issues of course, and had just two owners (both in same family). The PO told me he was told it may have a slipped sleeve so I bought it cheap intending on putting a new engine in it. After hearing it and looking at it more carefully it didnt seem to have any slipped sleeve symptoms (yay alliteration!). It did however have a mass of codes (13 - o2 sensors, maf, evap, cmp, missfires). I took it to a dealer to let them use their fancy machines and the nice tech told me it might be electrical causing most of the codes. He also called me later to tell me to check fuse 2 to see if it was blown. I guess in my haste earlier I overlooked that fuse (I did check fuses first), sure enough it was blown. This fuse for any not familiar controls everything that was wrong with my truck. I narrowed it down to a shorting cam position sensor and replaced it (autozone has them for only $100 and so far no issues). I was still getting crazy missfires so on my trip home (bought in NJ, I live in VT). The PO had STI wires and Bosch platinum +2s on so I decided to replace it all so I swung by Atlantic British and picked up a new coil pack and some wires. Just installed them today with some brand new Bosch Platinum +4s and the truck is running amazingly now! Before I could barely accelerate through an intersection, now I can book it up a steep hill.

Unfortunately nothing is ever allowed to work out perfectly so I am in the market for a lower inlet manifold as I broke 2 bolts when re attaching the plenum. I drilled one out but the other wouldn't cooperate. If anyone has one on the cheap in the VT area (or NJ) let me know.

Ok enough rambling...here she is! Little dirty but you get the idea.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I like that color.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default yes...

Originally Posted by Spike555
I like that color.
Me too....

Old 05-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[/quote]
Will she be a she also for a she? just wondering
I like the color too, I have an 04, which I thought was dark gray and my wife says mine is the exact same color. I didn't think, that my color blindness was that bad.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the color too. I really lucked out finding it. This "she" is for a he (me). I have yet to identify the color yet because according to the rave manual the body plate should be there but instead there is an A/C sticker. I'll figure it out eventually. I still have to do fluids and fix my lean codes from my botched intake reassembly. I also got quoted $250 to waxoyl the undercarriage. It has some surface rust but not bad at all, the treatment will just make it last a LOT longer...especially in these VT winters.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

I think that this green is the one called Kent Green. Maybe.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:30 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Epsom Green. I have it myself. Photo-time.