Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HK Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 02:01 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HK Speakers

Ok, so, along with EVERYTHING else my baby has dished out to me, I've got alot of rattling in my from speakers (left/right).... where can I get good Hardon Karmon speakers??? I've looked everywhere and no one sells them!

If I can't get those, in your option which are a great replacement for them?

Thanks!!

and btw... for the HK set up, is it two speakers on the door, or one speaker and a subwoofer??? what's that other speaker..

Thank you so much!!!!!

John-Robert

Old 07-23-2007, 09:46 PM
ajh
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HK Speakers

You have one tweeter on the front A-pillar, one midrange in the drivers door and one low-range in the drivers door. Two sub speakers in the rear door, and one wide-range in each rear passenger door. (I think that's all, I haven't taken apart the rear passenger doors yet).

You might want to take the door interior panels off and look for the source of the rattle, it's not too hard.. you just remove all the visible bolts then gently pull the panel away from the door. You'll usually end up needing to replace one or two of the pressure fit pins though, what a bad design... (unless you're selling them at $3 each).

Personally I'm looking at taking all the doors, building new boxes for the speakers and going a bit larger on each but that's probably overkill for most. I am replacing the stock amp soon though, that's going to be fun. I have a KVT-717 and nav and ipod interface wired in now and I'd really like to be able to eliminate more cabling and run more higher quality interconnects in the process.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:17 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK Speakers

Thank you AJ!

I really really appreciate your input!

Good luck with your project! Sounds like your baby is gunna pack alot of boom boom soon!

Have a great day!

John-Robert