Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Speakers arent working, except for sub

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 01:37 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers arent working, except for sub

Alright I will try to make this as short as possible. My battery died, I recharged the battery and during this I took the front and rear passanger door panels of to fix the window track wheel a lock. Anyways this all was all done in the same day while charging. I close everything up, enter the code for the stereo and with the vol. all the way up only the sub is playing and very quietly

. I think my fuses are all good, I have power going to the headunit and cd cassette so Im completely stumped. I disconneted the connections going to the passanger door thinking I had messed up the speaker and that was preventing the others from working but no luck. I have tried unhooking the battery and re-entering the code, still no luck. Anyone? Its the 6-disc Alpine with H/K speakers - 97 Disco.

Old 08-11-2005, 02:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Speakers arent working, except for sub

After you get the battery fully charged, I would disconnect, then re connect the ground for a good 5 minutes. then check all interior fuses. If you still have problems you could check to make sure you hooked the spealers in the doors up and that they are to the correct leads on the speakers.

Old 08-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Drifting

Well I will disconnect it for 5 minutes but I have already tried that and redoing the code, just not for that long. The thing its not just the speaker in the door I worked on its, its all of them except for the sub in the back. I thought at first I messed up a connection in the one door which caused the other speakers to crap out but when I disconnected all power going to that door there was no change. Already went thorugh the fuses but will do it again.

POSSIBLE? - is it possible that this is somehow related to my cd changer which is mounted under the passenger seat? Theres no case/cds in it right now and my dad thinks it is somehow related to that.

Old 08-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't think so (cd changer), if you worked on the door and you disconnected the speakers and evryone you worked on don't work, I would almost bet it is messed up there (in the door), I would pull a panel and check the connection. could even be a speaker wire or connection grounding out.

Old 08-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Rock Crawling

reset the dash controls via the mode on the radio unit. For some reason either I messed up or it did, the dash control went crazy. I reset them to normal and it was fixed. other things. recheck all the speaker connections, and wires. If not the dash controls, the only other I can think of at the minute is in the wiring in the door you worked on. The other thing that more than likely has nothing to do with it. is the 4 main body frame grounds, they may need to be tightened. I know it sounds funny, but they can cause a great many strange things to happen. gotta love a rover. duboff

Old 08-15-2005, 04:12 PM
Drifting

How exactly do I reset the dash controls, I understand the basics of it but dont have my rover near me to check it out. Also, do you happen to know where on the frame these grounds are located? Like I said before I went in the passenger side kick panel and disconnected the power going to that door in the first place thinking that if I had killed the one door speaker it might have caused a domino effect but no results. I will check the ground, reset the dash controls, disconnect the battery for a couple days, pull the door panel off again and just pray Im not screwed. By the way, did you just have a feeling Duboff to reset the dash or are you getting your info from somewhere? Thanks alot guys, big help.